Why Are You Buying a Console?

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
The title speaks for itself.

So why would you buy a console of the upcoming generation?

EDIT
Please don't degenerate into an argument or flame war. I'm interested in understanding why. If you want to shout at someone, take it somewhere else.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
The only reason I buy consoles is because there are games on said consoles that aren't released for the PC. Coming off of the E3 announcements, those would be Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV, Watch Dogs, and a few others. It's also one of the reasons I have no interest in the XB1, it has literally zero games that are exclusives that interest me, whereas the PS4 will.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
So far, Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo III, Kingdom Hearts III, and possibly Destiny.
Will keep this post updated as the game reveals go on.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Simply put, the current generation will run out of games eventually. If I want to continue to play new games, why not? Besides that KH3, Destiny, Watch Dogs, even Knack are valid reasons for me.

JustPhil

Dec 7, 2009
I may get a PS4 eventually, I completely skipped the current generation (barring the 360 I had for 3 months until I traded it for a bass guitar) so I'm more likely to buy a cheap PS3 and work my way through the catalogue of games I've missed out on.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Kingdom Hearts is my absolute fucking favorite game series of all god damn time. I am so god damn excited. And besides that, there are also good games that are exclusive to it that I like. I like my PC and view it as superior in terms of the actual platform, but I love Kingdom Hearts, and don't have the money to make a computer with the power to emulate current generation games, or the patience to wait for it to become affordable to emulate those games. And there are also other games, but Kingdom Hearts is the main console pusher for me. And I like Square in general.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I'll be waiting a year...and then seeing what the state of the next-gen is.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Why not? Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, decent consoles gotta be played.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Sports games, racing games and local multiplayer, mostly. And those pesky exclusives.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Because you damn PC elitists lied to me. PC gaming wasn't all its cracked up to be and now I'm crawling back to Sony and Microsoft much a man leaves a girl who is too clingy for his abusive ex.

nevarran

Apr 6, 2010
Forza, The Division... that's about it, for now.
Mostly because they're cheep and give me some sort of security for the next 5-7 years. In case the crisis hit me and I stop upgrading my PC.

Skorm034

Mar 12, 2012
Kingdom Hearts 3, inFAMOUS Second Son, Final Fantasy, Watch Dogs, Local play with friends without setting up 7 computers.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Not so sure I am anymore. The only one I'm intrested in is the PS4 and it's gonna be expensive as fuck in Sweden($684) so at the very least I'll have to wait several years for the price to drop to an acceptable amount.

If I do get it's because of Sonys wonderful exclusives.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Skorm034 said:
Kingdom Hearts 3, inFAMOUS Second Son, Final Fantasy, Watch Dogs, Local play with friends without setting up 7 computers.
This but add in Killzone, Destiny and that cool looking new Tom Clancy thing. It's also £350 and my friends are getting it so I'll have people to play it with.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
EDIT: I seem to have hastily replied without realizing what the thread is really about. Sorry about that.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
The console exclusive games. As well as the fact that I tend to buy consoles when they drop a fair bit in price. I didn't get a 360 until two years after it was out. I'm also not that big on graphics and mods, so it's somewhat cheaper.

NickBrahz

Mar 30, 2011
I personally won't be buying a console, not for 2-3 years atleast, most i would spend would be maybe $200 on a PS4, not interested in the Wii U or Xbox One, going to stick to PC, a lot cheaper for games seeing i use steam i can pay $30-40 for a game when it comes out instead of $60-100