Why are YOU losing faith in humanity?

Dec 27, 2010
retyopy said:
Personally, I'm losing faith in humanity 'cause that's what the cool kids are doing, and I've got to be hip, yo dawg.
This will secretly be the reason anyone who claims to have lost faith in humanity has.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
The-Epicly-Named-Man said:
retyopy said:
Personally, I'm losing faith in humanity 'cause that's what the cool kids are doing, and I've got to be hip, yo dawg.
This will secretly be the reason anyone who claims to have lost faith in humanity has.
So I've saved some people a lot of time!

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
retyopy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
zehydra said:
And watch how all the kids on the forum feel so silly now and are out in full force denying that they have "lost faith in humanity".

lol.

Humanity isn't a thing that you can have faith in. /thread.
I'm trying to figure out how any of that last part made any sense, but I'm afraid the universe will collapse in on itself with how stupidly wrong it is.
Well, in a literal sense, you can't have faith in humanity, because ity is tangible. It exists. But you can have HOPE in humanity.
Well, pedantic criticsisms of semantics isn't enough for me to lose faith in humanity it seems.
Hey, I'm not saying I agree with him.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
I've stopped expecting goodness from humanity. I stopped a long time ago.
Whenever I try to feel humanity can be good, another murder breaks the headlines or a story appears where someone does something so horrible it makes you cold inside.

I'm not surprised by how low people will go anymore. I used to lose faith, now I just wish they'd die in a fire.

I think this about sums up my feelings on the subject.

Jacco

May 1, 2011
Because last night I talked to a (just barely) 18 year old girl who's parents bought her her own apartment and pay all the costs. On her birthday she went out to a club and brought a guy home.

I'd say thats a pretty good reason.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Magicmad5511 said:
I've stopped expecting goodness from humanity. I stopped a long time ago.
Whenever I try to feel humanity can be good, another murder breaks the headlines or a story appears where someone does something so horrible it makes you cold inside.

I'm not surprised by how low people will go anymore. I used to lose faith, now I just wish they'd die in a fire.

I think this about sums up my feelings on the subject.

But... I don't think they'd LIKE dying in a fire...

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
I'll never lose my faith in humanity.

Humanity is good. Certain humans are idiots.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Faith is for babies.

When I want humanity to do something, they fucking do it.

Not faith, willpower.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
DarkRyter said:
Faith is for babies.

When I want humanity to do something, they fucking do it.

Not faith, willpower.
Well, why should they listen to YOU, huh?

Holyeskimo

Jul 14, 2010
I haven't, probably won't, lost faith in humanity as a whole, however there are times when certain individual's have caused me the desire to beat them with the old giant xbox controller until they bleed a different color.

jigilojoe

Mar 4, 2009
I'm a witness to a crime of ABH (some twats jumped a marine in the town I live in) and have made a statement and now have about 40 people wanting my head on a pike cause one of the twats is a big local drug dealer.

Humanity is fucking me off right now.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I'm loosing faith in humanity because western civilization is on its way out. The only thing giving western civilization sufficient power over the Islam and Asian powers is the USA.

The USA are failing, their GDP is something like $146 trillion. And their total debt is $146 trillion. That's 100% debt to GDP ratio. Which isn't bloody good. And I don't see how they're going to fix it. It's close to impossible. To get out of this, they must rely on every country in the world investing 20% of their GDP into the dollar. Which is unlikely to happen.

With powers such as Islamic countries and communist Asian powerhouses gaining more and more power in the world, it seems only logical that Europe and America will fall on the back foot. We will be plagued by religion holding everyone back, creating hatreds, just things that we really don't need right now. And China isn't a nice country, they are very militaristic, and I don't trust them. Falling resources will spark many resource wars. Other conflicts will escalate.

I honestly think that fallouts nuclear future is a real possibility. Way I figure it, there are 3 possibilities of what the world will look like in 60 years by my logic.

1. A relatively friendly future, where everyone has realized the peril that humanity faces, and have agreed to build common courtesies so it isn't for the good of their own country, its the good of everyone's.

2. Nuclear wasteland, or something very similar.

3. Western civilization crumbles. And movements such as extreme Islam takes control of certain superpowers. Eastern civilization tips the balance of power. (This isn't necessarily bad, I believe that the East will solve most modern problems that humanity faces. But this doesn't go for all of the east, not by a long shot.) But I don't know about you lot, I don't want to fall under Islamic law. I agree with almost none of it.