Why are YOU losing faith in humanity?

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Arfonious said:
retyopy said:
Arfonious said:
Jeebz said:
Lets see, people think pop and dance is music... that alone makes me bow my head in shame

Long live metal and rock and roll
People like you make me lose my faith in humanity. Intolerance of other peoples taste and likings is really fucked up.

Also America, bunch of self-loving, patriotic, gun weaving fools.
(Or at least I don't like the self loving, patriotic, gun weaving foolish parts of the american people)
Yes, because I know when I look at my selfless, pacifistic, well-traveled best friend, I think to myself, "god, what an ass." Honestly, people would be all over me if I said I hated britian because they're all cockneys. Yes, somepeople are like that, but most people ARE'NT.
Did I say that I disslike the selfless, pacifistic and well-travelled Americans?
No I did not.
Yes, but you still just potrayed Americans in general as selfish trigger happy morons. And that's insulting.

Arfonious

Nov 9, 2009
retyopy said:
Arfonious said:
retyopy said:
Arfonious said:
Jeebz said:
Lets see, people think pop and dance is music... that alone makes me bow my head in shame

Long live metal and rock and roll
People like you make me lose my faith in humanity. Intolerance of other peoples taste and likings is really fucked up.

Also America, bunch of self-loving, patriotic, gun weaving fools.
(Or at least I don't like the self loving, patriotic, gun weaving foolish parts of the american people)
Yes, because I know when I look at my selfless, pacifistic, well-traveled best friend, I think to myself, "god, what an ass." Honestly, people would be all over me if I said I hated britian because they're all cockneys. Yes, somepeople are like that, but most people ARE'NT.
Did I say that I disslike the selfless, pacifistic and well-travelled Americans?
No I did not.
Yes, but you still just potrayed Americans in general as selfish trigger happy morons. And that's insulting.
No I portrayed parts of the american people as selfish trigger happy morons, because parts of the american people are selfish trigger happy morons

Jeebz

Jan 14, 2009
intolerant? Because I dont like that people buy into the same shit for the sake of popularity, that there are so few people that dont have an ounce of individuality in them, they follow the herd, never think for themselves? The media sucks and corporate muppetry in the minds of youth disturbs me, and if that makes me intolerant cause i hate the current cloned world, then fine, im intolerant.

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
im just watching all you foolish mortals roll around and invent things for me to use. Hurry up and invent the cure for boredom and a way to stop the sun from shining on me.

Oh yes and faster methods of making tea.

T-cells

Arfonious

Nov 9, 2009
Jeebz said:
intolerant? Because I dont like that people buy into the same shit for the sake of popularity, that there are so few people that dont have an ounce of individuality in them, they follow the herd, never think for themselves? The media sucks and corporate muppetry in the minds of youth disturbs me, and if that makes me intolerant cause i hate the current cloned world, then fine, im intolerant
No it's not intolerant of you to go against the stream or whatever you want to call it. It is however intolerant of you to not accept that people have different taste and may not like metal or rock 'n roll.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
Mostly because I've reached the conclusion that a lot of people know next to nothing about politics, philosophy or history. Without a minor interest in at least one of these things, you honestly don't have the slighest idea why you are here and what you are doing, and will fall victim to the same sort of people who's been riding the backs of the rest of the world for the last couple of hundred years.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
We have wars for silly reasons, innocents die because of the idiocracy of wars, we try to squeeze every bit of money we can from people including the sick and dying, we are always trying to compete with one another to a point where it becomes a hating fight, we keep a large gap between the rich and poor believing it is the "right thing to do".

It's not faith that i have lost since i never had any to begin with what i have lost though is the trust in humanity.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Shadow-Phoenix said:
We have wars for silly reasons, innocents die because of the idiocracy of wars, we try to squeeze every bit of money we can from people including the sick and dying, we are always trying to compete with one another to a point where it becomes a hating fight, we keep a large gap between the rich and poor believing it is the "right thing to do".

It's not faith that i have lost since i never had any to begin with what i have lost though is the trust in humanity.
Nice username. Like, really. Shadow-Phoenix. Wow. Just really WOW!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
It seems... self idolistic to say when you lose faith in humanity, especially if its something like "oh, well no one does anything good anymore" or "oh, well a five year old tried to stab a three year old" or "Oh no, a woman/man hired a hitman to kill their relationship partner".

Theres a reason that people seem to think no one does good for the sake of good. Its cause the people that do dont brag about it, and the news doesnt like to pick it up, because good news that doesnt involve something heart tugging doesnt translate to ratings. Think of how many people who hold a door open for someone else, or pick up something someone dropped, or remind them that they forgot something. thats all doing good for the sake of good. Not ever good for the sake of good has to be someone running into a burning building to savea puppy, or jumping in front of a bullet, or giving a kidney to the guy in the bed acorss from you you only know because you were in the hospital for a broken appendage repairal.

well that was rather rantish, I suppose.

Anyway, to be OT, I dont like the way the business world is heading in terms of professionalism. rather recently I actually met a blind girl who was reading something in braille that was written in both 1337 and text, and when she told me and voiced that it actually saddened her that braille would be written that way, I could only agree.

standokan

May 28, 2009
I haven´t lost faith in humanity because we´ve been getting better. I mean it used to be a whole lot worse, with the hunters and the wars everywhere. It´s been 60 years since the last world war, that´s way longer than the haiatus between WW1 and 2.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Gizmo1990 said:
Just watch the news. Half the world is killing each other either because of some power mad butcher or because they belive their god told them to and the other half is slowly sinking into economic ruin.
Because that's the way the news works...

It isn't feasible to report on every good incident that occurs, so they only focus on the bad.
It's also the news to report something that's actually news. A random murder isn't reported on the news. Someone dying in a car accident isn't on the news. Someone helping out building houses for the homeless isn't there. Unless there's no news to report the good will never be on the news.

Jeebz

Jan 14, 2009
I can say whatever I want, that is my opinion, I said that because to me they are prime examples of people who do that, follow the herd, and personally to me, their identities and personalities, just royally get on my damn nerves, but again, i keep to myself, i dont openly curse them or abuse them, they just annoy me

poleboy

May 19, 2008
standokan said:
I haven´t lost faith in humanity because we´ve been getting better. I mean it used to be a whole lot worse, with the hunters and the wars everywhere. It´s been 60 years since the last world war, that´s way longer than the haiatus between WW1 and 2.
The only thing that's kept WW3 off for so long is fear of all-out nuclear war. Even the most hardheaded dictators can get it into their thick skulls that no-one wins a nuclear war. If there was a safe way to drop an A-bomb (again) and avoid retaliation, it would have happened in 1946. Probably in Russia.

I have no idea what you mean by "with the hunters and the wars everywhere.." what time period are we talking about here?

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Actually most of the internet (I said MOST) have matured, accepting homosexuality and other touchy subjects as not a big thing anymore. Also grown men now watch ponies.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__BgIrAtMG2g/TJzRUj03gNI/AAAAAAAAAZ8/m0nGVTIgqZg/s320/mlpfim4.jpg

I think society's gonna be alright.

Arfonious

Nov 9, 2009
Jeebz said:
I can say whatever I want, that is my opinion, I said that because to me they are prime examples of people who do that, follow the herd, and personally to me, their identities and personalities, just royally get on my damn nerves, but again, i keep to myself, i dont openly curse them or abuse them, they just annoy me
It's your opinion yes, and I respect that. But if you can say anything you want then I can reply anything I want and I think your opinion is intolerant

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I lost my faith in humanity because kids at school were mean to me and called me names. It has absolutely nothing to do with the thousands of years of genocide, slavery, war, oppression, indoctrination, avarice, exploitation, famine, injustice, discrimination, bigotry, hypocracy, religious fundamentalism, cruelty, ignorance and callousness that humanity has demonstrated and we let continue to this day.