Why David E. Kelley's Wonder Woman Must Succeed

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
The most dangerous part of mass market's take on Wonder Woman is her sexuality and femininity. I can only think of one show in the past that's managed to pull off the whole strength and beauty thing in an amazonian context and that was Xena. Problem there is that Xena was camp where Wonder Woman is traditionally serious business.

It's going to take some amazing costume design and epic writers make Wonder Woman the serious and stoic version that comics have her out to be. Sad to say it but I don't think the Big Four are ready for The Big Three quite yet.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
If you had asked who wonder woman was where I came from, I'm sure you would mostly get the reply "who?"

I seriously first became aware of her existance thanks to the escapist.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
Can we PLEASE make a Teen Titans animated movie now? In the same vein and Batman/Superman: Public Enemies, Wonder Woman, and all the rest?
Uhm, you mean Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816671/]?
No. I mean one with Wonder Girl in it, and with a darker feel to it like the movies I listed above. Don't get me wrong, I loved that TV show--own all the episodes on DVD--but I really want them to make a movie the same way they made one for Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and all those others. I mean, even Captain Marvel has his own movie now.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
WolfThomas said:
I'd rather David Kelly made a She-Hulk/Doc Samson tv show, the idea of a Superhero lawyer and a Superhero pyschiatrist working in NYC would be funny and awesome. Plus we know he can do it, he made Boston Legal.

On a special effects note, it would be easier as neither can fly and super strength is easier to show than say shooting lightening, all you need is good costuming/makeup for her skin and his hair and you're done.
*points* That needs to be made. Now or soon-to-now.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
aaronmcc said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
This is going to sound flash-in-the-pan, but as a closet macrophile, the only reason I'm holding onto the hope that this will be good, is because I want Giganta to show up, in all her gigantic giantess-rage-induced glory, and wreck shit up. Call me shallow, call me a deviant, but that's what Wonder Woman has become for me. Giganta. A giant woman in a yellow jumpsuit knocking over buildings and threatening to eat protagonists.

How's that for an outsider's view eh?
Why is that deviant? How's this? 'Lesbian affair with Power Girl' 30 million viewers, easy :)
I don't know, I've always taken flack for my giantess fantasies. Maybe it just makes more sense in this sort of context!