Why Derivative Game Design Doesn't Matter

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
There's a reason why I said Souls style and not Dark Souls specifically. Norse GoW still has Dark Souls as a heavy inspiration, because the default controls for light and heavy attack are R1 and R2 respectively. The Classic controls have the Greek GoW as the alternative for both games.

The fist can be useful, even in late game for at least GoW4. There were even items you could equip to make your fist stun enemies faster or just by upgrading your weapons and etc. I do know the fist are much less useful in Ragnarok compared to 4.
Wasn’t thinking of the shoulder buttons for attack and guard but yeah I recall Cory saying something about that. My reply on stun gauge was mostly referring to this part -

The Norse GoWs got the obvious stun gauge as well, but they partially based theirs off of Dark Souls. Evil West hast got one, but works mainly just by beating the shit out of something or using electrical attacks to continue beating the shit of them further.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A game like Shadows of the Damned has the best walking sections, because you're not forced to slow walk. The Sushi Lamp sections. You can do a slow walk, medium walk, or run around like a crazy jackass and no immersion is broken. What helps even more is that you're not always exactly safe during these sections, aside from its first introduction.