Why did no one like "Across the Universe"?

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
I really like the movie Across the Universe, but everyone i talk to says it sucks. Can someone who has seen it and is not biased due to being a huge beatles fan explain to me why its bad?

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
i thought it was a great movie. I like the Beatles but Im not biased. The way they structured the story around the songs was fantastic. Great acting too.

edit: AWESOME avatar btw, it has to be said. One of greatest animated shows of all time, and extremely underrated.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Is that what the Beatles Animation film was called?

I have SO got to check that out.

_zuul

Nov 9, 2009
because the beatles suck
trollface.jpg

no, just kidding.

I wasn't so hyped about it because trying to make a coherent story around seemingly unrelated songs isn't the kind of movie that appeals to me.

and i'm not a beatles fan anyway, so i could be unfairly biased.

_zuul

Nov 9, 2009
Insanum said:
Is that what the Beatles Animation film was called?

I have SO got to check that out.
that is Yellow Submarine.

wrong movie, similar idea

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Because the plot and character development was shoddy, forced, cliche and stiched together to cash in on Beatles love.

It's absolutely amazing as a 90 minute music video, just a terrible movie

madcap2112

Jun 4, 2009
Man, I loved Across the Universe, it's one of my favorites. I don't really know why it's gotten so much bad press; I keep hearing criticism about its story, but I didn't think it was that bad. It's rare that I've ever come out of a movie feeling as happy as I did after that one.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Any re-make of the Beatles is disgusting to me. I grew up as a fan of the Beatles, so when I hear one of their songs by someone who is not them, I despise it immediately.

Pain_Inflictor

Feb 6, 2009
madcap2112 said:
Man, I loved Across the Universe, it's one of my favorites. I don't really know why it's gotten so much bad press; I keep hearing criticism about its story, but I didn't think it was that bad. It's rare that I've ever come out of a movie feeling as happy as I did after that one.
This. One of the best films ever made in my mind, not just because beatles songs were in it but because of how flawlessly everything in the movie was executed.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
benbenthegamerman said:
I really like the movie Across the Universe, but everyone i talk to says it sucks. Can someone who has seen it and is not biased due to being a huge beatles fan explain to me why its bad?
Across the Universe was a cult hit. Lots of people liked it, but in all fairness, most were Beatles fans.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
Because it makes very little sense. Sure, it's an awesome music video for Beatles covers, but the story seems to be tacked on for the sake of being a movie. The bus scene and the carnival immediately come to mind here.

trueluigi7

Nov 22, 2009
Well I don't understand why so many people would say it sucks, but I liked it a lot but I didn't think think it was really good I thought is was slightly above average. I love the Beatles Immensely and I am a huge fan of them but that only made me interested enough to see it. If it is a Beatles movie I like The Beatles movie starring them.
I am not an average movie watcher I am pretty High Standard for movies, I think what most people like really is pretty low in ratings. I love movies from the past movies today are usually filled with cliches and only simple things for the general crowd.

Anyways I liked it, Not Great Not Really Good but like 8.1/10, My favorite Musical if I had to say but nothing else really, acting okay, cinematography okay, but people are just following the "Unspoken Law of Crap".

yodaj154

Feb 8, 2010
it sucks because it contains a terrible script with cheesy acting. its one of those movies that you buy and place it on your shelf next to the notebook to show girls that you have an artistic/sensitive side

jakeEHTlovless

Dec 8, 2009
it sucks because it contains a terrible script with cheesy acting. its one of those movies that you buy and place it on your shelf next to the notebook to show girls that you have an artistic/sensitive side
that, and they probly do acid to the benafit of mr. kite scene

srry, didnt quote it right