Why did you choose your username?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
This username had not yet been taken. Instantly, I knew that it was meant to be!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I have a tendancy to name my Fallout characters Jack. I created a mythos around it, but that's basically it.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Care to share why your chose your username LauriJ?

As for myself, it's a well told tale but I'm named after a humorous nickname for my best friend Joseph that I coined back in 2006 when we made the parody religion Pieism together. He decided he was happy to hand over the reins to me though and so I became 'the JoJo' myself, now usually just shortened to 'JoJo'. Since then I started using the name online, sometimes in combinations with other names since plain JoJo tends to be taken on larger sites and it's become effectively a second name for myself.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Had it for ages, stuck with it now.

I came up with it before GW gave up. It's an elf/eldar thing.

Sorta embarrassing now how 40k and WHFB ended up, but I started out when 40k was in 2nd ed.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Crap electronica song buy a band called Robots in Disguise.

They're the electro and goth girls from season one and two of The Mighty Boosh.

Didn't we have one of these really recently?
Maybe typing out the same explanation for over four years is finally starting to take it's toll. :D

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Colour Scientist said:
Crap electronica song buy a band called Robots in Disguise.

They're the electro and goth girls from season one and two of The Mighty Boosh.

Didn't we have one of these really recently?
Maybe typing out the same explanation for over four years is finally starting to take it's toll. :D
Heh...I'd always assumed it was like a colour sergeant.

SpinnokDurav

Dec 4, 2012
I read the Malazan Book of the Fallen and Spinnock Durav was one of the most badass characters there. Only drawback is that I spelled the name wrong :(.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
The username I wanted was taken. So I just threw together the first two words that came to my head. That's it. Nothing special. The road sign avatar I added later, because of the 'Dead' bit.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
I like metal music and Dooley is what all my friends call me.Pretty straightforward really

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
My username is the same name as my assassin character in Guild Wars, an game I adore so much. Also I just feel more identify at that name as my alter ego sort of name.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Well, it was name of my familiar in NWN (crow, btw)
Since then it kinda stuck to me.
I like to maintain delusion that I'm first and only blackrave on the net, but most probably there are 816854 other users with same name (and half of them are spambots) :/

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Goldensun is one of my most favorite series of all time, and when I saw Eclipse, I knew it must be so.

That's the inspiration anyway, overtime, mine kind of merged with the avatar and turned into a creature that's more of a dragon version of Ho-oh and a cat.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
FalloutJack said:
I have a tendancy to name my Fallout characters Jack. I created a mythos around it, but that's basically it.
I do the same, as I usually name my first characters in a game after myself.

OT: My username used to be Binnsyboy, which is based on my last name, Binns. Recently I changed it to The Funslinger. This is because The_Funslinger is my Twitter name. The Funslinger itself is (obviously) a play on Gunslinger, and primarily a reference to The Gunslinger, the protagonist in Stephen King's Dark Tower novels. Roland Deschain is a total baws.

Also, I wear a leather cowboy hat. So it works.

Ubiquitous Duck

Jan 16, 2014
I invented my username when considering what I should call myself on twitter when making an account.

I spent, literally, days wondering what name could sound thoroughly pretentious enough to warrant immediate hatred for me in those who viewed my name. However, I have never used my twitter and the whole thing became rather pointless.

It is not the same as my gaming name, but I'm afraid there is no story behind that one.

Dyan

Nov 27, 2009
Wanted to take Dynamic as my username but it's a bit boring, so I used my awesome igmagination and.... switched around "n" and "a"...

Anyway fast forward a few years most people online that I know call my Dyan and here we are.

Teh_Moose

Jan 13, 2014
World of Warcraft. couldn't think of a name there and was watching Monty Python and Holy Grail. so I carry the name "Moose" with me online