Why do girls on social networking sites "Duck Face"?

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
The only girls I know that duckface I don't think are particularly attractive anyway, and no amount of duckfacing makes anyone look more attractive.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
It's page three, it's late.....and I think it's high time I posted this!

Yes, I think it's idiotic. But it's not the worst thing ever, it just makes them look slightly braindead.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Well it doesn't really annoy me. I just don't really see it as something worth getting annoyed at, they can use whatever facial expression they want for all I care.

IDTheftVictim

Jan 20, 2011
physical pain should change that expression

disclaimer: IDTheftVictim believes that violence is wrong, don't actually hit people with duckface, no matter how much you want to

General_Potatoes

Jun 22, 2009
The Dark Umbra said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUn9828LtxA&feature=player_embedded

haha funny

no i dont know anyone who duck faces yea i guess its kind of annoying
You sir, have made my day. Kudos. And yeah its pretty annoying. I don't know anyone who does though.

Chaos-Spider

Dec 18, 2009
TheSaw said:
ExaltedK9 said:
Could you post a picture for reference? Because I have no idea what "Duck Face" means.

But seriously, google image "duck face". It's when girls pose to a camera with their lips out.
If I could use photoshop competently I would totally use that duck bill on myself as a facebook avatar...Or just sub my head with a ducks.

I wouldn't do the side-on kissy thing though 'cuz I'm just not that confident in front of a camera.

popparik

Feb 14, 2011
Private Custard said:
It's page three, it's late.....and I think it's high time I posted this!

Yes, I think it's idiotic. But it's not the worst thing ever, it just makes them look slightly braindead.
This might just be the result of an extremely unfortunate experience with Botox.....

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
It alerts you to the fact that they're most likely morons, because it's an extremely unattractive look.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
David Hebda said:
AgDr_ODST said:
David Hebda said:
AgDr_ODST said:
Cool Chick Carol [http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35x5/#by=sp] makes 'duckface' look good
no she doesn't
well IMO then she make makes it look good but that doesn't mean it looks good when other girls do it
No, she is a good looking girl, duckfacing... and it makes her look dumb, still good looking but dumb
truth there I guess but this all still is just a matter of opinions and I don't think it makes her look dumb