why do people get so hyped for dual weilding

tpizle

Aug 24, 2009
i just dont see what its so great to be holding 2 guns now but hey thats why im asking you guys

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
tpizle said:
I just dont see why it's so great to be holding 2 guns; but, hey, that's why I'm asking you guys.
Well, for a start, it looks awesome. Plus you have twice the firepower. Admittedly with some things it's just ridiculous.

However, I normally go for two handed. Dual wielding often comes with an accuracy penalty, so it's not my thing.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
I'm not even sure you're from this planet.
OT: because it's fuckin' awesome. And looks totally badass. That's rather obvious isn't it?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Fuck dual wielding. Revolver Ocelot triple wields. He's way cooler than any dual wielding pussy.

Paladin426

Jul 7, 2009
Some people think it looks cool.

There is also: one weapon X 2 = double the power...sadly this isn't usually the case since there is typically a hinderence.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
i find it cool. yes, it's not accurate and yes, not the greatest edition ever, but you can't deny watching a movie which features dual-weilding didn't make you think "Damn, wish i could do that". well, it may not have, but it certianly made me think that.

tpizle

Aug 24, 2009
The_ModeRazor said:
OT: because it's fuckin' awesome. And looks totally badass. That's rather obvious isn't it?
im not saying it doesnt look cool what im saying is how does it make the game better than it was with one gun

C117

Aug 14, 2009
One gun is good. Two are better! Twice the firepower AND rate of fire.

Shadow Daeris

Aug 31, 2009
Dual wielding looks cool but put a duel wielder up against a single wielder in game terms i'd say that 80% of the time single would win through accuracy. I'd rather be able to shoot an extra 200-300 feet than look cool tbh

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
It's an aesthetic thing. For some it looks badass, visually it works. Hammering away with a gun in each hand, bullets flying everywhere.

For others, quite the opposite. Part of what makes Solid Snake awesome is the lack of going guns akimbo. For him, the cool factor comes from his being more about precision and professionalism than hails of autofire.

It really depends on the characterization.

vanguard_anon

Feb 11, 2009
I don't know. You can shoot a single gun as fast as you can pull the trigger in COD4 so I don't see dual pistols doing anything at all. Still, it might be fun.

tpizle

Aug 24, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
tpizle said:
The_ModeRazor said:
im not saying it doesnt look cool what im saying is how does it make the game better than it was with one gun
Well its rathe obvious no? 2 is normally better than 1, if you multiply the gun you in turn multiply the amount of rounds you have and the damage you do.

yay i did more damage? now where does the fun come in exactly? i mean i can understand dual weilding if one gun has a special effect that compliments the other but when 2 guns just do damage....its not as fun that way to me