why do people get so hyped for dual weilding

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Don't act like its new. Its been around since goldeneye.

EDIT: dual wielding doesn't always work though. Remember the needler/pistol duo? You needed to lead with the needler but hit direct with pistol so you'd never hit your target effectively.

Clarkarius

Dec 21, 2008
Apart from the obvious answer that it looks cool there's also:

For Guns: More fire power and it also makes one handed guns more useful in games, with out dual weilding rifles always tend to be superior

For Blades: More combos

For both: If the game permits it allows further strategy in combining two different weapons to get better results in combat

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
Its just the aesthetic factor, it looks cool! Really theres not much else there. I dont get why its included in MW 2 but whatever.
Because the band wagon came on by and appeared to have some room in the back. They're also going to let you ride a snow mobile whilst shooting. There is no way in hell you can realistically be able to do that and actually hit something or not crash, but that hasn't stopped them either. Band wagon is the best explanation I can come up with.

Diablini

May 24, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
I've yet to see someone wet themselves over the ability to hold two guns at once.

And it usually comes at an accuracy penalty anyway, so I don't see the allure.
Just for plain coolness.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
It's the rule of cool, so there really is no explanation. It's also awesome but impratical since aiming and recoil is worse... I guess so...

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
You'd need to have some kind of awesome ninja skills to reload your weapons while dual wielding, unless you can reload clips with your feet which would be equally impressive. There is that, and also the fact that you'd be much less accurate. So there's not much practicality to dual-wielding :p But as other people have said, it looks really cool, so its good for games/movies etc

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Dual Wielding is the recipe to awesome. Now all I need is a bayonett to shove in peoples stomaches, and it will be awesome for eternity.

Gmano

Apr 3, 2009
WhiteTiger225 said:
Gmano said:
I have to tell you guys that dual wielding was quite popular in european martial arts.

for instance the "main gauche" which is literally translated "left hand" as it was a parrying dagger that was held in the left hand while fencing.
Problem. That was fencing. An artistic sport. Asian cultures also had numerous setups for those artistic, scripted (Or ring style) fights. Nodachi and Jitt. Katana and Jitt. Katana and Wakazashi. But there is no records of anyone actually letting their troops use such styles in combat.
True, there are not. However it is quite likely that the main gauche was developed in order to fill a battlefield need (you can't deny that the ability to parry and repose very fast is a massive advantage).

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Gmano said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
Gmano said:
I have to tell you guys that dual wielding was quite popular in european martial arts.

for instance the "main gauche" which is literally translated "left hand" as it was a parrying dagger that was held in the left hand while fencing.
Problem. That was fencing. An artistic sport. Asian cultures also had numerous setups for those artistic, scripted (Or ring style) fights. Nodachi and Jitt. Katana and Jitt. Katana and Wakazashi. But there is no records of anyone actually letting their troops use such styles in combat.
True, there are not. However it is quite likely that the main gauche was developed in order to fill a battlefield need (you can't deny that the ability to parry and repose very fast is a massive advantage).
Problem is, the ONLY motion you can do fast enough to make that dual wielded parry worthwhile is a thrust, because any type of swing would require you to move your body more then if you parried with a single weapon and used the consistent motion and force to make use of the parry.

Gmano

Apr 3, 2009
What about a swordbreaker? knotched blade to catch a sword to allow ample time to parry (or break the sword) those were likely not used in duals.