Why do people hate the Wii.

Casbahthegrey

Jul 16, 2009
I'm a good shot, both in game and outside. The Wii takes my good hand eye coordination that has taken me years to develop and violates it. I try and shoot an NPC with a silenced weapon in far cry so as not to alert anyone, the gun fires and misses the NPC's head and everyone knows, it wasn't because I missed, it was because the Wii's controls are sticky, inexact and plainly suck. Everyone who likes the Wii for that matter can suck an egg, as a lover of FPS the Wii's controls and crappy graphics capacity makes a mockery of everything I hold dear in my entertainment universe.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
geldonyetich said:
Why do people hate anything? A magical little thing called an 'opinion.' Name the most popular thing in the world, and some people dislike it. I hope this has been enlightening.

Of course, like anything else, there will be specifics to the grudge. Least powerful hardware, slow game release, Nintendo selling out to the casual while leaving their hardcore established fanbase out to dry, ect. But, if you're not so silly to care, you've moved on by now.

If the title had been "is the dislike towards the Wii justified" I'd have been more onboard with what you're doing here.
Exactly my opinion.

Yoshi-Pop

Apr 1, 2009
It's a cross between last-gen graphics and a motion-sensor control scheme that lingers between intuitive and aggravating.

MiserableOldGit

Apr 1, 2009
The problem for me is that there isnt really any games I can get my teeth into- they just look and feel like a procesion of flash games, only you have to pay for them. I appreciate what nintendo are trying to do with bringing gaming to a wider audience, and making it a more social or family orientated practice, but it still leaves a lot of us feeling left out in the cold, especially after we essentially helped build the company (indeed, the whole industry) by spending our cash on their products back when the casual gamers nintendo are now pandering to thought gaming was 'wierd'- its like supporting your other half financialy while they go to college, only to have them dump you when they graduate and fuck off to a high paid job and some twat called Tarquin who owns a Jag.

cj_iwakura

Mar 2, 2009
MetallicaRulez0 said:
The main reason I hate my Wii is the incredible lack of any replayable game besides Smash Bros.
Castle Shikigami 3 says hi.

And Baroque.

And Fire Emblem.

I could go on.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
Much more non-hardcore gamers hate the Wii for two things:
1. Motion sensors are somehow non-responsive and frustrating
2. Killing off our Nostalgia. Pls. Nintendo, make a new character.

Whistler777

Nov 14, 2008
Random Jah-Love said:
It's a cross between last-gen graphics and a motion-sensor control scheme that lingers between intuitive and aggravating.
And there we have it. Wii supporters, your arguments are invalidated by this truth.

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
Cause hardcore gamers hate casual gamers for some half-baked reason after trying to convince the world that gaming is a legitimate past time and not some kind of drug?

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
orannis62 said:
Many supposed "hardcore" gamers see it as a concession in favor of the Oh-so-hated Casual gamers. I mean, heaven forbid gaming should be accessible to a wider audience.
We were here first you guys! weve liked gaming for much longer than you, and the experience should be ours, all ours!

OT: people who like to flame things bash nintendo for not being "hardcore". It has something to do with the wiis lack of FPS's or something.

rosac

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Graustein said:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
No More Heroes
Okami
Metroid Prime 3
LostWinds
Boom Blox
De Blob
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Zack & Wiki
Lego Indiana Jones
I'd like to add both Trauma Centers, Overlord: Dark Legend, NyxQuest, House of the Dead Overkill, Pikmin, Broken Sword, Klonoa and The Conduit

Jurian

Jan 22, 2008
Because it doesn't really have much fun games to play.
Well maybe it does have a few, but other consoles have more.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
cj_iwakura said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
The main reason I hate my Wii is the incredible lack of any replayable game besides Smash Bros.
Castle Shikigami 3 says hi.

And Baroque.

And Fire Emblem.

I could go on.
The only one of those I've even heard of is Fire Emblem, and as far as I'm concerned all JRPGs can go suck a goat.

vamp rocks

Aug 27, 2008
meh, i'm slightly tilted towards hating it cus the graphics arent that good on certain games (compared to the same game released on a different console) and i don't think it has that many good games...

InfectingTheCrypts

Jul 22, 2008
I don't hate my Wii, I just have nothing to play on it. It can't handle modern graphics so no developers want to bother dumbing down the graphics and putting in awful Wiimote gimmicks, so there aren't any ports of "modern" games (i.e. the big shooters, proper racers etc.), and the online support (something which is very important these days) is completely broken, so no "really good" online games are on the Wii. Couple that with the fact the the Wiimote itself is pretty unresponsive and actually almost a joke, and you have yourself a pretty sour deal.

I can think of maybe, 3 good third-party titles on the Wii: Zack and Wiki, Madworld and possibly Boom Blox. That's pretty much it for third-party support. With the exception of RE4, ports of games like Okami, Mortal Kombat Armageddon and to some extent IMHO, even ZELDA are broken as far as controls go.

Yes, the Wii has some good first party games, but given that you can just get SSB Melee on the Cube for half the price and it's still almost as fun in multiplayer, and that Zelda is available on the Cube with wayyy better controls, I see no reason to fork out the extra just to have crappier controls.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
I don't hate it I just dislike it. There's barely any good games for it meaning it will just sit there 'til a decent or good game comes out.

Yoshi-Pop

Apr 1, 2009
Whistler777 said:
Random Jah-Love said:
And there we have it. Wii supporters, your arguments are invalidated by this truth.
I can never tell with this forum. Was that sarcastic or genuine?

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Xerosch said:
I'd like to add both Trauma Centers, Overlord: Dark Legend, NyxQuest, House of the Dead Overkill, Pikmin, Broken Sword, Klonoa and The Conduit
I'll chuck the upcoming dead space game into the list too (although I question the validity of SSBB since it has both Mario and Zelda, just not in the title).

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
If people hate/ dislike the Wii, I don't believe they hate/ dislike it without a good cause. Or is everybody supposed to worship it or something?