Why do people spoil things without caring?

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
I want a straight, honest answer as to why people liberally talk about "those plot twist parts" instead of simply allowing others to view it for themselves.

Also, who the Hell talks about the MAIN PLOT TWIST knowing there could be people around them who haven't seen it?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Isn't this a self answering question?

Why do people spoil things without caring?

They don't care, that's why.

AuntyEthel

Sep 19, 2008
Well, did you know that in Fight Club, Marla Singer is actually the fat guy with manboobs?

Thats the sort of thing I do. Give people fake plot twists. It amuses me greatly.

darkless

Jan 26, 2008
AuntyEthel said:
Well, did you know that in Fight Club, Marla Singer is actually the fat guy with manboobs?

Thats the sort of thing I do. Give people fake plot twists. It amuses me greatly.
Or that the guy with the bleach blonde hair is the lead singer from 30 seconds to mars.

AuntyEthel

Sep 19, 2008
darkless said:
AuntyEthel said:

Or that the guy with the bleach blonde hair is the lead singer from 30 seconds to mars.
At least he gets put into a full-nelson and has his face smashed into the floor repeatedly. Pity it wasn't real.

darkless

Jan 26, 2008
AuntyEthel said:
darkless said:
AuntyEthel said:

At least he gets put into a full-nelson and has his face smashed into the floor repeatedly. Pity it wasn't real.
That would have solved a lot of problems all right maybe he wouldn't have been able to sing if his jaw had been broken.

AuntyEthel

Sep 19, 2008
darkless said:
AuntyEthel said:
darkless said:
AuntyEthel said:

That would have solved a lot of problems all right maybe he wouldn't have been able to sing if his jaw had been broken.
He can't really sing anyway. AAAAHHH!!! MAARRRYYY MEEE!!! MARRYYY MEEE!!!

darkless

Jan 26, 2008
AuntyEthel said:
darkless said:
AuntyEthel said:
darkless said:
AuntyEthel said:

He can't really sing anyway. AAAAHHH!!! MAARRRYYY MEEE!!! MARRYYY MEEE!!!
Actually he's screaming bury me.

I know that because my gf loves that song.

AuntyEthel

Sep 19, 2008
darkless said:

Seriously? Since it came out, me and all my friends have been laughing at how lame it was cause it sounds like he's screaming marry me. Oh well, I'll just pretend I still don't know.

Fanboy

Oct 20, 2008
People spoil things without caring because the sixth sense guy was dead all along.

darkless

Jan 26, 2008
AuntyEthel said:
darkless said:

Seriously? Since it came out, me and all my friends have been laughing at how lame it was cause it sounds like he's screaming marry me. Oh well, I'll just pretend I still don't know.
good plan ya got there.

Damien the Pigeon

Oct 23, 2008
Every since book 4, every Harry Potter has been ruined for me. It's always "Have you gotten to the part where -------- dies?" I just sit there and stare off into blank space, because my anger cannot be safely expressed. I don't think many people do it on purpose. I just think that they don't think about what they're saying.

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
Damien the Pigeon said:
Every since book 4, every Harry Potter has been ruined for me. It's always "Have you gotten to the part where -------- dies?" I just sit there and stare off into blank space, because my anger cannot be safely expressed. I don't think many people do it on purpose. I just think that they don't think about what they're saying.
Yeah, that happened to me. When I heard about the major death in the 6th book I went into denial and started rocking myself in the fetal position. Couldn't care less now though.

Really irritates me how people can be inconsiderate enough to not make sure other people know the plot point before discussing it, or use spoiler tags in forums. I understand it would be hard to avoid in 'most emotional moments in gaming threads'etc but in otherwise unrelated threads, dropping in the spoiler to KOTOR or FFX without due care is unforgivable imo. Its just plain not fair on people who have the story deprived of a major emotional impact.

jbonkerz

Oct 24, 2008
Does it count as spoiling a movie if it is a remake of a movie that was based off of a book? If it is then I guess I should have apologized to my Math teacher in grade 11 when he overheard me talking about a movie with a friend.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Well, assuming the person just wants to talk about the game or movie or book, the spoiler is a fairly significant portion of the story. Having to tiptoe around it constantly gets a little annoying since your conversation is always going to be handicapped as a consequence.

Try talking about Star Wars without mentioning light sabers or something. When you take out a chunk of the story, the conversation always remains a sort of inane "GO SEE IT" chat.