Why do "realistic" games all feel the need to include the Desert Eagle as a weapon?

Mar 18, 2010
310
0
0
crimson5pheonix said:
SnowdensOfYesteryear said:
Amnestic said:
Because the developers know that the players will all jizz themselves of a 'Deagle'.

Personally I'll stick with revolvers. Way~ more classy.
Again, another kindof unrealistic thing - revolvers aren't that great in real life... though I agree. Really classy, and awesome. And stuff like that.
Why aren't revolvers great in real life?
I'm not a gun expert, nor do I have any weaponry personally (though I have fired plenty of weapons,) but from a couple of gun nuts I know, they're unreliable. Don't quote me on that, that's just what I was told... I could be wrong.
 

Kwaren

New member
Jul 10, 2009
1,129
0
0
SnowdensOfYesteryear said:
crimson5pheonix said:
SnowdensOfYesteryear said:
Amnestic said:
Because the developers know that the players will all jizz themselves of a 'Deagle'.

Personally I'll stick with revolvers. Way~ more classy.
Again, another kindof unrealistic thing - revolvers aren't that great in real life... though I agree. Really classy, and awesome. And stuff like that.
Why aren't revolvers great in real life?
I'm not a gun expert, nor do I have any weaponry personally (though I have fired plenty of weapons,) but from a couple of gun nuts I know, they're unreliable. Don't quote me on that, that's just what I was told... I could be wrong.
I own a few revolvers and they never jam.
 

Brawndo

New member
Jun 29, 2010
2,165
0
0
SnowdensOfYesteryear said:
crimson5pheonix said:
SnowdensOfYesteryear said:
Amnestic said:
Because the developers know that the players will all jizz themselves of a 'Deagle'.

Personally I'll stick with revolvers. Way~ more classy.
Again, another kindof unrealistic thing - revolvers aren't that great in real life... though I agree. Really classy, and awesome. And stuff like that.
Why aren't revolvers great in real life?
I'm not a gun expert, nor do I have any weaponry personally (though I have fired plenty of weapons,) but from a couple of gun nuts I know, they're unreliable. Don't quote me on that, that's just what I was told... I could be wrong.
See my above post. Those "gun nuts" are either yanking your chain or actually know nothing. Revolvers >>>> Semiautomatics in maintenance and reliability
 

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
35,033
1,689
118
SnowdensOfYesteryear said:
crimson5pheonix said:
SnowdensOfYesteryear said:
Amnestic said:
Because the developers know that the players will all jizz themselves of a 'Deagle'.

Personally I'll stick with revolvers. Way~ more classy.
Again, another kindof unrealistic thing - revolvers aren't that great in real life... though I agree. Really classy, and awesome. And stuff like that.
Why aren't revolvers great in real life?
I'm not a gun expert, nor do I have any weaponry personally (though I have fired plenty of weapons,) but from a couple of gun nuts I know, they're unreliable. Don't quote me on that, that's just what I was told... I could be wrong.
You are very very wrong. Being a gun nut myself, I find revolvers good. It's reliability is why it's still used in a world of semi automatic weapons. For self defense, that's the best class of weapon you can own. Small, easy to aim, accurate, and powerful. Great weapons as long as you're not going into a drawn out fire fight.
 

Kwaren

New member
Jul 10, 2009
1,129
0
0
Furburt said:
Because it is "hardcore" and "gangsta" and the main audience for those games that are realistic but aren't really is people who would like to consider themselves "hardcore" and "gangsta".

Sad but true.

But the good thing is, those games aren't realistic at all! If you want a real realistic shooting game, play ArmA II. No Desert Eagles there, combat distances are actually proportionate to real life and it's so realistic the US army uses a modded version of the original ArmA as a training sim.


I myself have fired a Desert Eagle!

Useless piece of shit. The weight is insane, the recoil is insane, the price and the price of bullets is insane, and it's just totally deficient as an actual weapon. There's a reason why all police forces and armies rejected it, it's a terrible gun. The only real reason anyone would buy it is because they have a small penis.
I own a Desert Eagle and I have a slightly above average penis thank you.

The Eagle expensive, heavy, and kicks like a mule. It is however accurate when used by someone who can use it. It is not an ideal weapon for combat but it is a great hunting handgun.
 

spartan231490

New member
Jan 14, 2010
5,186
0
0
because these games ignore real life. In MW2 the scar and the fal shoot the same bullets (7.62X51 NATO), but kill with different number of hits. and every other assault rifle in that game shoots the 5.56X45 Nato round (much weaker). despite this the scar, famas, and m16 all kill with 3 shots, even though the famas and the m16 should have significantly lower power and range.
 

spartan231490

New member
Jan 14, 2010
5,186
0
0
Corum1134 said:
Furburt said:
Because it is "hardcore" and "gangsta" and the main audience for those games that are realistic but aren't really is people who would like to consider themselves "hardcore" and "gangsta".

Sad but true.

But the good thing is, those games aren't realistic at all! If you want a real realistic shooting game, play ArmA II. No Desert Eagles there, combat distances are actually proportionate to real life and it's so realistic the US army uses a modded version of the original ArmA as a training sim.


I myself have fired a Desert Eagle!

Useless piece of shit. The weight is insane, the recoil is insane, the price and the price of bullets is insane, and it's just totally deficient as an actual weapon. There's a reason why all police forces and armies rejected it, it's a terrible gun. The only real reason anyone would buy it is because they have a small penis.
I own a Desert Eagle and I have a slightly above average penis thank you.

The Eagle expensive, heavy, and kicks like a mule. It is however accurate when used by someone who can use it. It is not an ideal weapon for combat but it is a great hunting handgun.
Explain to me why people hunt with handguns, i never got it? you get reduced knock down, reduced accuracy, and reduced range. If you want a challenge, why not go with muzzle loader, shotgun, or even archery. I just don't get it.
 

Zaik

New member
Jul 20, 2009
2,077
0
0
Brawndo said:
Modern Warfare 1 and 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Counterstrike Source
Far Cry 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Metal Gear Solid 4


Yes, I mad. I would much rather see other more common handguns, or a nice revolver
zombies, near anarchy, a world where everyone is either a terrorist or counterterrorist, a world where you are invisible if you hide in a shadow in the middle of a hallway, and giant robot stealth action game are realistic? :p

that leaves you this:
Modern Warfare 1 and 2
Far Cry 2

And that's only because i never played Far Cry 2.
 
Jun 11, 2008
5,331
0
0
Brawndo said:
Left 4 Dead 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, Modern Warfare 2 are not realistic in any sense nor are they marketed as such well bar MW2. Also the "D.Eagle" in L4D2 is actually a magnum and the D.Eagle has been iconic in MGS because of Meryl.

Also people like to put D.Eagles and Magnums in game for a powerful version of the normal pistol that is theo nly reason no need to complain about it. It adds variety instead of all pistols being more or less the same damage with the same recoil and the same fire rate.
 

Brawndo

New member
Jun 29, 2010
2,165
0
0
Zaik said:
Brawndo said:
Modern Warfare 1 and 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Counterstrike Source
Far Cry 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Metal Gear Solid 4


Yes, I mad. I would much rather see other more common handguns, or a nice revolver
zombies, near anarchy, a world where everyone is either a terrorist or counterterrorist, a world where you are invisible if you hide in a shadow in the middle of a hallway, and giant robot stealth action game are realistic? :p

that leaves you this:
Modern Warfare 1 and 2
Far Cry 2

And that's only because i never played Far Cry 2.
Ok, ok. Made me lol
 

nick n stuff

New member
Nov 19, 2009
1,338
0
0
cos so many people believe to too be the epitome of cool and bad-assery..they are however wrong.

juts nit-picking but the title says 'realistic games' and you used L4D as an example...where do you live that zombie apocalypses occur on an everyday basis.
 

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
35,033
1,689
118
nick n stuff said:
cos so many people believe to too be the epitome of cool and bad-assery..they are however wrong.

juts nit-picking but the title says 'realistic games' and you used L4D as an example...where do you live that zombie apocalypses occur on an everyday basis.
Next to a shopping mall.
 

azncutthroat

New member
May 13, 2009
1,260
0
0
Brawndo said:
SnowdensOfYesteryear said:
crimson5pheonix said:
SnowdensOfYesteryear said:
Amnestic said:
Because the developers know that the players will all jizz themselves of a 'Deagle'.

Personally I'll stick with revolvers. Way~ more classy.
Again, another kindof unrealistic thing - revolvers aren't that great in real life... though I agree. Really classy, and awesome. And stuff like that.
Why aren't revolvers great in real life?
I'm not a gun expert, nor do I have any weaponry personally (though I have fired plenty of weapons,) but from a couple of gun nuts I know, they're unreliable. Don't quote me on that, that's just what I was told... I could be wrong.
See my above post. Those "gun nuts" are either yanking your chain or actually know nothing. Revolvers >>>> Semiautomatics in maintenance and reliability
Those gun nuts are probably referring to the little-known fact that revolvers will not fire if the cylinder cannot move; therefore, in CQC, grabbing the revolver basically renders is useless. And revolvers are pretty much best used in close-range.
 

Kwaren

New member
Jul 10, 2009
1,129
0
0
spartan231490 said:
Explain to me why people hunt with handguns, i never got it? you get reduced knock down, reduced accuracy, and reduced range. If you want a challenge, why not go with muzzle loader, shotgun, or even archery. I just don't get it.
People hunt with handguns for more of a challenge. It's hard to get close to wild animals!
Furburt said:
I'm wondering though, how is it good for hunting? I mean, it's so heavy and clunky, readying it quickly is next to impossible, and I can't think of a single feature it has that couldn't already be matched by a large caliber revolver.
The main selling point for the Eagle is the fact you can change the caliber just by changing a few key components. You can have a .50AE and .44 magnum just by switching the barrel and magazine and you can make it a .357 magnum by changing the bolt as well.