Why do you get up in the morning?

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I get up in the morning so I can find a way to enjoy the day. Whether it's staying inside and playing games or if I'll get a call from a friend to go see a movie or have lunch or maybe I'll call a friend.

Today, I got up because I had work and also there's a film festival in my town this weekend and me and my team are getting together tonight to write a script for it. It's gonna be fun!

Zero=Interrupt

Nov 9, 2009
To spite whatever foul force has been ruining my life for the past year. I WILL NOT GIVE UP, YOU HEAR ME?

Also, I like the smell of bacon & eggs and coffee. Mmmmm.

.Warheart

May 1, 2009
I don't get up in the morning, I get up in the afternoon. And only to play games and go to sleep again.

ahluka

Jan 1, 2010
Because I hate sleeping, I feel like I'm wasting time. It doesn't matter if I get 5-6 or 9-10 hours sleep either, I always feel the same (less than 5-6 makes me feel like a zombie though).

JPH330

Blogger Person
Jan 31, 2010
Usually I get up because I'm bored and my computer is just a few feet away from me.

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
I get up because... *Puts on sunglasses* Shit just got real.

OT: Mostly school. If not, because I'm bored, or have to piss. I rarely have stuff to do.

Also: Today is the first day of my six week summer holiday, and I'm feeling a wee bit sad. This morning I remembered a saying I once heard: "The more things you do, that differ from your normal day-to-day routine, the less is the chance that you'll wake up one day, wanting to kill yourself". I'm trying to schedule lots of different activities throughout the holiday, so I'll have stuff to get up to. -Happy stuff :p

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Demons_Bane said:
Simple question, that can only be responded to purely I would like to see what you guys reply with. I personally get up in the morning to see if a better day will arise. It hasn't but i will awake every morning to find out if it comes. What about you?
I keep asking myself why I bother to get up in the morning with more and more frequency. While things might get better, I'm afraid I don't have any real good reasons other than some old song lyrics: "Life goes on, well after the thrill of living is gone".

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
Because I'm not a student.

Seriously though, because I get bored of laying in bed now, back when I was 13-15 nothing could get me out of bed on a Sunday but now, well, after working full time for a few years my body clock has forever changed.

wolfister

Oct 20, 2008
So I can go and deposit time from my life into the bank account of corporate America...and get my small return from it I guess?...wait a minute that sounds awful!