Why do you have your current avatar?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
ObsidianJones said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
Mine is from the cartoon "Wild Kratts" (haven't seen much of it, even though I was a huge fan of "Kratt's Creatures" back in the day. Anyone remember that show?) Anyway, in this cartoon the brothers have special suits that let them mimic animals... including their instincts. Hence why Martin here (as a bass) has a glassy-eyed expression as a fish lure passes him by. I've had it for a while and I might change it if I can find anything else...
... Dear God, I always thought that was Ron Stoppable.
Yeah I can kinda see the similarity... if you squint a bit...

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Mega Man X is one of my favorite video game series and Zero is my favorite character from that series.

Originally I used a picture of my dog from 2009 until sometime around last year I think? But I decided to change it to something more gaming related.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Addendum_Forthcoming said:
When I say kids I was meaning kids as in all these teens that go onto message boards and yell about how a game company doesn't do X or Y without thinking about what actually goes into the process of running or making a game. Like demanding the lead of game design be fired because they don't like the current balance of the game despite balance not being something done by one person.

I've done a lot to educate myself on various things, especially history and it just bugs me when people talk about something despite not knowing anything about it. I guess my problem isn't really people younger than me, it's people that are uneducated but act as if they are.

Elvis Starburst said:
To give some love to a lesser known franchise.
Before this avatar I had an avatar of Izanagi from Persona 4 in a Gurren Lagann style, so I had someone whip up the red star-like transition to that image from the Love Catch mid-episode scenes. At once point I felt like changing it. I kept the transition but added some static to show a change in direction, and then changed the image to Maja from the Spectrobes series. I like the art someone did for her, and I wanted to get the character out there a little
Man I really liked Spectrobes, was nice fun. I kinda lost interest in the second one after Maja died though, she was a great villain.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Mine is Niles Crane, of Frasier.

I always choose (at least mildly) cynical characters I enjoyed watching or identify with, even a little bit.

McElroy said:
I can't see mine nor change it. I'm guessing it's still the NPC sprite from Undertale. Edit: I can see it when I'm not logged in and it has changed to something else. I don't even know what that is.
I think you need to clear your cookies.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
It's just violet evergarden. I tried to look for one with her smiling, but they exceeded the limit.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I set it as the original during the big pony craze in 2010, but several years later I kind of felt like changing it and thought it would suit my personality better this way. Also someone gave me the perfect user title to go along with it.

Hawki said:
Mine's a minion from League of Legends.

It used to be a smiling cat.
I liked the cat better, I have a hard time actually identifying what the new one is supposed to be, other than just a grey shape.

Johnny Novgorod said:
It's-a me and that's all there is to it.
Huh, I always wondered if that was actually you. I still remember your Zim avatar.

Specter Von Baren said:
Rarity is best pony anyway, can't go wrong with that.

Addendum_Forthcoming said:
Also, damn straight Rarity is best horse.
I never knew it was possible for two people to be so completely wrong about something.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
CrazyGirl17 said:
Yeah I can kinda see the similarity... if you squint a bit...
I thought it was too, but I didn't remember a scene with him looking like that so I assumed it was fan art.

Specter Von Baren said:
Man I really liked Spectrobes, was nice fun. I kinda lost interest in the second one after Maja died though, she was a great villain.
Spectrobes 2 had some issues like rather basic villains (Fire dude comes to mind), but Maja and Jado were a ton of fun. I think 2 is still the best in the series if ya ask me. The first is super clunky and dated in comparison, and I don't feel like there's enough Spectrobes in Origin. The music is also kinda lame in that one. Combat was much nicer though and a good move to make

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Drathnoxis said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
It's-a me and that's all there is to it.
Huh, I always wondered if that was actually you. I still remember your Zim avatar.
Yeah, I'll be going back to that any day now, I'm starting to get sick of looking at my resting ***** mug every time I log on. At the time I wanted to shake up my profile and I was too lazy to think of anything more authentic than a candid pic.

DarthCoercis

May 28, 2016
Mine's just me in my Vader costume. I love that costume, even though it's too hot here to wear it to any cons.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Mine is Tomomi Masaoka from Psycho-Pass. He's the old man of the team in season 1. By the time he accepted the benefits of the major changes in the world that happened in his lifetime, that world had passed him by and judged him lacking. All he could do was do his job, pose the occasional philosophical question... and drink. I identify with him more than just about any other character I could think of.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
It's a meme. I'm chained to it until something appears that I feels is better. That hasn't happened yet. Maybe we should get married or some shit out of obligated resignation like those apathetic couples bowing to their friends and family's decades of incessant peer pressure because they hadn't bothered looking for preferable alternatives and now need stability within the confines of a legal system that favours nuclear families and institutional relationships.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Pretty simple, really. Google Image.

Sageoftruth had been my screen name long before I chose an avatar. Seeking a good avatar, I ran a search on "Sage" expecting to find pictures of old men with beards, but I'd forgotten about the plant. I was ready to try a new search word, when I thought, "Wait, that's perfect!"