Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Elfgore said:
Well it appears my fancy gif has disappeared, maybe something to do with me not posting for a year or two. And now I get to stare at a broken image box, as the website doesn't like what I'm trying to put in. So mine's a broken image symbol cause I can't computer I guess.
Turn it into a joke, update it with a bigger avatar that's just the broken image icon.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Elfgore said:
Oh cool! So site might just be going through some stuff with the buyout. Thanks, mate!
Hrm... the thing is I can see my avatar in posts, just not in my profile. If you can't see them in your posts....

Have you tried looking at your posts with other devices than the one you make posts with? Could it be a problem with your DNS cache?

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I create mine based upon whichever one of my weird-ass OCs I feel needs some love. The latest one is based upon my character Ghyst.

Guess which album cover inspired this, hint he performed in Saskatoon last Saturday (the 25th).

I am a pretty mediocre artist as I just do not practice enough but I still like the general aesthetic of my characters and find creating simple animated avatars to be an easy way to express them.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Back when WotC had their own forums, you could only choose from selection of avatars. I thought that [mtg_card=Wyluli Wolf] was a cool card, and an interesting backstory Wyluli being an anagram of Lily Wu, Richard Garfield's (then) wife.

When I earned the right to use a Custom Avatar, I wanted didn't want to be unrecognizable, but I didn't want to keep the same avatar... So, I simply inverted the color scheme. And, I've had this avatar since.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
I think Emilia Clarke has the best facial expressions.

She's a terrible actress, but I love her.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Sonmi said:
I think Emilia Clarke has the best facial expressions.

She's a terrible actress, but I love her.
Wait? that?s not Pam from ?The Office.? [small]*mind = blown*[/small]

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Saulkar said:
I create mine based upon whichever one of my weird-ass OCs I feel needs some love. The latest one is based upon my character Ghyst.

Guess which album cover inspired this, hint he performed in Saskatoon last Saturday (the 25th).

I am a pretty mediocre artist as I just do not practice enough but I still like the general aesthetic of my characters and find creating simple animated avatars to be an easy way to express them.
I totally thought that was one of the monsters from Attack the Block

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
trunkage said:
Saulkar said:

I totally thought that was one of the monsters from Attack the Block
Interesting, I never drew that parallel; mainly because my character has eyes whereas the aliens in ATB do not. Still, a glowy blue mouth is a glowy blue mouth. I changed it in my latest iterations so now both his mouth and his eyes glow white instead of blue as I kept shading him in blue and it would have been redundant to keep his eyes the same colour.

ebalosus

Mar 14, 2011
Had it since A Canterlot Wedding aired. I find it quite reflective of myself (Also because it looks cool).

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Because, at the fall of Escapist 1.0, these forums were plagued by spam. The only safe places were the pubclub areas. It was a neverending battle with the bots and humanity was losing. So I took on this guise in honor of the warriors fighting against the tide.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
This is my Rock Band 2 character (at least part of it).

I also have it to be able to end conversations with "talk to the hand" jokes...

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Well, the last few I had were specifically because Redlin didn't seem to like them. this one though, I just like it.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Well my Avatar used to be a gif of HK-47 with glowing red eyes that was made ages ago by the custom avatar group here. But with the upgrade to the PubClub, it was lost somewhere along the way and even though a nice user recovered it for me, I could no longer use it. So now I have this generic one.
Now that the Escapist is getting back on its feet, I might try uploading it again and see if it works now.

ScaredIndie

Guy who makes gamey things
Oct 21, 2014
There was a thing with zontar being banned so people added bleach to their avatars as a piss take the idiotic ban. Afterwards I though that the default avatar drinking bleach was a good summary of the site direction in general so I kept it.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
ScaredIndie said:
There was a thing with zontar being banned so people added bleach to their avatars as a piss take the idiotic ban. Afterwards I though that the default avatar drinking bleach was a good summary of the site direction in general so I kept it.
I always wondered what the bleach-drinking avatars were all about.