Why does COD not have much ammo in single player or multiplayer?

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
i find it hard to believe that soldiers would go into battle with only 3 magazines of ammo, like in COD4. why is there so little ammo in multiplayer matches and some singleplayer missions?

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
Well, most real soldiers, only carry so much because ammo has weight, that with all the other gear slows you down.

MiketheBassMan

Jan 21, 2009
Realistically speaking, if you shoot more than that many bullets, U R DOING IT WRONG.

Same principle doesn't really apply to CoD. The mechanic, while realistic, is a hindrance to game-play.

dnnydllr

Apr 5, 2009
Think about how many people have died in the COD world
There just isn't enough ammo to go around. They're just trying to ration it out sparingly.
Actually it's just more realistic like that. Ammo weighs a lot.

kokirisoldier

Apr 15, 2008
We carry 7 mags in my Battalion. 6 in our vest and one locked in our M4's.

So yeah it doesn't make much sense to only have 3-4 magazines.

Pics or it didn't happen...

VoltySquirrel

Feb 5, 2009
dnnydllr said:
Think about how many people have died in the COD world
There just isn't enough ammo to go around. They're just trying to ration it out sparingly.
Actually it's just more realistic like that. Ammo weighs a lot.
^
What he said. I've shot several guns. With magazines and bullets to carry, it sucks. Besides, most modern day soldiers conserve their ammo anyways, firing in 3 shot bursts or single shots. Bullets hurt ALOT more irl.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
So you cant fire bullets into the air

also If 1 player goes on a kill streak, hell eventually run out of ammo and have to switch guns

Jul 9, 2008
pimppeter2 said:

also If 1 player goes on a kill streak, hell eventually run out of ammo and have to switch guns
And a particularly good player won't be slowed by this at all.

phalanfy

Aug 9, 2008
kokirisoldier said:

PS: Clips are generally for hand guns.
you sir have never been in the service and probably never fired a firearm
p.s. clips feed rounds into a magazine and the only pistol i know of that uses clips and even that has an internal magazine is the c96 you pompous prick

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
pimppeter2 said:

yes I did that I had a 10kill streak going happened in about 1:20 so I wasn't camping just wandered through this hi-trafic area were people came through 1 at a time.

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
As Kokirisoldier stated, in my experience, soldiers carry 5 or more magazines, most often more.

This isn't anything new, and its not going to change. Games don't do it because they make you try and conserve ammo, or the developers are just uneducated on the matter.

Oh and 10 kill streak in CoD4? Pffft, 25 is where its at! Air strikes ftw XD

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
Since I am one of the many players who doesn't care about realism I don't buy into the painfully small amount of ammo you are given in multiplayer (in single player I'm often killing enough bad guys to beef up my supply indefinately), there have been numerous times where I've been pressed into a hard position in CoD4 simply because my starting ammo has run out and the other guy doesn't drop useable ammo meaning that I've either got to pick his weapon up (which is probably one I'm not proficient with, argueing that I'm not good at a game because I'm being forced to play in a way I can admit I'm weak at is flawwed at best) or I have to commit suicide to get a fresh supply in my next respawn (which is irritating at best).

If you can make a game feel more realistic and make war seem more unforgiving (as some said before, soldiers carry more than enough ammo on them) then that's great but it shouldn't get in the way of the game and become a major pain in the ass (if they're not going to give you much ammo they could at least leave some pickups around the map).

kokirisoldier

Apr 15, 2008
phalanfy said:
kokirisoldier said:

p.s. clips feed rounds into a magazine and the only pistol i know of that uses clips and even that has an internal magazine is the c96 you pompous prick
I'll be nice. Please don't ever question wither or not I'm in the service.
4th Infantry
4th Brigade Combat Team
2nd Battalion
77th Field Artillery
A Battery
1st Platoon

Rank PFC

phalanfy

Aug 9, 2008
kokirisoldier said:
phalanfy said:
kokirisoldier said:

4th Infantry
4th Brigade Combat Team
2nd Battalion
77th Field Artillery
A Battery
1st Platoon

Rank PFC
so i guess you're the one grunt who missed weapon jargon class during basic then? which is possible but i thought a superior at some point in time would have pointed out your supposed m9 sidearm uses magazines not clips. if you are actually a member of our armed force please forgive me arrogance but there are way to many armchair commandos around here claiming the same

RapidCrash

Apr 30, 2009
phalanfy said:
kokirisoldier said:
phalanfy said:
kokirisoldier said:

4th Infantry
4th Brigade Combat Team
2nd Battalion
77th Field Artillery
A Battery
1st Platoon

Rank PFC
so i guess you're the one grunt who missed weapon jargon class during basic then? which is possible but i thought a superior at some point in time would have pointed out your supposed m9 sidearm uses magazines not clips. if you are actually a member of our armed force please forgive me arrogance but there are way to many armchair commandos around here claiming the same
There's also the idea that there's way too many people trying to push other people down. I mean no offense, but why create such conflict if there really is nothing to solve? Assuming what he says is true, it would be very insulting for you to say something against him as such, and in the end, what does it really do?

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
because 4-5 bullets from most guns is a kill, which means u dont need that much ammo. just like counterstrike. 4 magazines are more than enuff for a rifle or just a pistol if you got a good aim.