Why does everyone say Silent HIll 5 is going to suck?

Squeaksx

Jun 19, 2008
Now I know better then to trust my own opinion on any matter that doesn't require it so I figured I'd ask the public why this game is getting bashed over the head so bad despite the fact that it hasn't even come out yet. Expand on this for me.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Bulletinmybrain said:
Anarchemitis said:
By everyone do you mean Yahtzee perchance?
So far half the people that watxch Yahtzees reviews take his word as god. He even ruined my freind..... :(
*snort* like you have friends.
I have SOME thank you, Just not many..But who needs freinds when theres a stiff drink somewhere that will make you forgot?I'm irish so in a few years I won't care.

ZakuII

Apr 8, 2008
I have no idea why. I've only played Silent Hill 2 and 4 and found them both fantastic 'piss my pants scary' games. I hear 3 was a bit iffy, but seeing as 4 was good they must've learned something. Like Yahtzee said, i refer to him simply because i agree, 2 and 4 were great because they were different, you never even 'went' to Silent Hill in 4.

The last thing i heard about 5 was that they wanted to try having a 'sunny environment gone wrong', which does sort of sound crazy, new and unprecedented. Then again, so did not setting Silent Hill 4 in Silent Hill at all and look how that turned out. Three thumbs up.

Doctor Panda

Apr 17, 2008
I think we've just been kicked one too many times on this one. Lesse now
Silent Hill 1 - fantastic
Silent Hill 2 - even more fantastic (right up there in my top games evar)
Silent Hill 3 - not a bad game, but with nowhere near the atmosphere, storytelling or dialogue of the first 2
Silent Hill movie - BAHAHA man that was terrible
Silent Hill 4 - great concept, and some isolated bursts of sheer brilliance (most of which occur between missions) but really fell down in gameplay and some level design - and it does the stupid thing of making you replay all the levels. Storyline feels rough around the edges as well, which probably results from it not originally being a silent hill game.
Silent Hill Origins - Only played a little but i haven't really liked what i've seen. Falls down in many of the same ways as number 3.
...and according to my mobile i can download a puzzle game for mobile too now. Anyone know if that's any good?

Anyway, point is? Leaving alone occasional 'wow' moments in 4, they've not managed to recapture what made 1 and 2 so great. 3 really gave the impression they ran out of ideas and 4 was tied into the franchise at the last minute. So we've given up expecting a turn around.

Know what would be really great? If they made a *totally new* *unrelated* survival horror game. WHICH IS WHAT 4 SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Get some new writers in, some new ideas, explore new territory.... ship has sailed on SH.

Wolfdale

Apr 28, 2008
When somebody asks me why I think it's going to suck, I simply point to Silent Hill: Origins. I picked it up for my PSP, expecting the same quality game I'd gotten out of numbers 2 and 4 (never got a chance to fully play through 3, and finding a copy in my hometown is apparently hell). Instead, I got a steaming pile of shit. While I was used to the shitty camera and combat controls, the thing I liked about it (the story) was also a freshly-lain turd. For this reason, I don't hold out much hope for 5.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
Hmmm, Maybe because the new Alone in the Dark sucked? I don't know. I think it looks good, The only thing that looks weird was the combat thing, For once you're not an ordinary scared little person, But (Like Yahtzee said) Tommy Testosterone Tits. It makes it look a lot less scary but maybe a lot easier.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Probably because Yahtzee said it would suck [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/20-Silent-Hill-Origins] and a lot of people on these boards are fans of his.

I can't help but think he'd probably prefer more independent thinking amongst his fanbase.

vulgarshudder

Aug 2, 2008
As someone who used to run a silent hill RPG I know there's an infinete amount of milage left in the series!

BogeymanX

Aug 2, 2008
Bulletinmybrain said:
Anarchemitis said:
So far half the people that watxch Yahtzees reviews take his word as god. He even ruined my freind..... :(
Very true. He at least takes everything into consideration, but clearly is a hardcore gamer, and people believe that if he hates a game, they should as well. And he had even said in one of his reviews, that he hated almost everything he comes across now. I saw some leaked footage of SH 5, I think it leaked, and it looks excellent and seems like a really a great game.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
I actually likes every single SH game so far. SH2 of course is a rolemodel for all games on the planet when it comes to storytelling, but all the others had their good stuff.
Origins failed at most things but it still was scary as hell, four sucked at nearly everything but had a great story, etc...

5 looks pretty sweet so far, but what really pisses me off is that they´re using Pyramid Head.

CTU_Agent24

May 21, 2008
BogeymanX said:
Bulletinmybrain said:
Anarchemitis said:
Very true. He at least takes everything into consideration, but clearly is a hardcore gamer, and people believe that if he hates a game, they should as well. And he had even said in one of his reviews, that he hated almost everything he comes across now. I saw some leaked footage of SH 5, I think it leaked, and it looks excellent and seems like a really a great game.
Lol, hardcore gamer.
He's right, why does everyone actually agree with yahtzee? I like the Videos but come on... People seriously agree with his 'reviews'?