Why doesn't anyone call it the XBone anymore?

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
I still see it used online a fair amount, people might just feel self conscious saying it out loud.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
'cause it was a stupid nickname that just comes from fan bitterness and being petty and typing XBO is easier and quicker, allowing us to move on and do other things.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I used to use "Xbone" all the time when it first came out.

"A great way to show how stupid I think the device is!" thought your hero tippy2k2. Then I began to actually think about it and realized something...

Do you know how freaking annoying it is when you see morons yapping on about "SpunkGargleWeeWee"? Oh because you don't like something, you're going to give it a childish nickname and look down upon everyone who does like military shooters? How freaking immature and stupid is...that........?

I realized that I should probably not be throwing stones at people from my glass house. Even though I still think the Xbox One is a foolish purchase, I made the decision then that my passive aggressive ripping on the system and those who purchase it was no different than what others were doing to me. So now it's the Xbox One.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Think most people got tired of it.

Yeah, it was funny the first few times we all said it, but like "SpunkGargleWeeWee" it's become overly worn out.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
It just got old, and I couldn't be bothered anymore. It's just easier to type out 'X1' or 'XO'.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
"SpunkGargleWeeWee"?
Yeah, that doesn't stick but "glorious pc master race" sticks like superglue on skin! Both of which are a joke!

On topic. I still call it xbone, though I still occasionally laugh at farts. Wasn't it a reporter that came up with that about 12 seconds after xbox one was announced? Usually, it's kiddies on youtube that come up with pearls like "pissstation" and "shitbox".

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
First rule about Xbone , do not talk about xbone.
Second rule about Xbone, DO NOT TALK ABOUT XBONE!

Seriously though, i just don't talk about it. It's like a silent smelly fart, everyone knows it's there just everyone pretends it isn't.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
It's gone the way of "Micro$oft" and Wii jokes, and the world's a better place for it. Just one more instance of flash-in-the-pan "humor" that people went for because it required next to no brain power to come up with.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I still use it and feel like I'll continue using it long after the XBone has been replaced by a newer console in however many years. It's a punchy little name that just stuck with me. I don't even use it to be mean anymore honestly...it's just a like a nick-name used for something I don't care about.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
I still call it the Xbone occasionally.

It's just easier to type.

Then again, as a member of the PC Master Race?, I tend to just lump it into the word "Consoles".

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
I haven't seen the use by regular users go down at all. But by paid writers? Yeah, it has pretty much been dropped.

Which is a good thing, since someone who gets paid to write using the word "Xbone" is stupid, juvenile, and all around unprofessional.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I call it the xbone sometimes, but I think in the end most will call it the xbox or the playstation.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I do, but if someone were to stop, I would assume it's because the damage has been done. But it is easier to type.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
I still call it the Xbone when typing. It's the simplest way to type it. The fact that I get to mix in my feelings towards the system when I say it is a bonus.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I still use it

Easyer than typing out Xbox one and a good shorthand fir how I feel about it

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
It's still commonly used, just nowhere near as much as it was during the backlash.

"Xbone" as a name is just sad and juvenile. "Hurr hurr Xbone" is all I hear in my head whenever somebody uses it, regardless of who it is and how much I respect them. Remember Spunkgargleweewee? Yeah second verse, same as the first.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I only use it when talking to my older brother because it makes him unreasonably mad, and I find that entertaining.