Why don't you do drugs?

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009

Though I'm against strict anti-drug laws, I've never bothered to try, and probably won't ever.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
Razomka said:
I'll link a website and this is basically why I don't do them.

http://www.talktofrank.com/ = look up your drug of choice.

I tried weed once or twice and it was kind of weird and horrible. Made me light-headed and out of control, so basically I rather get drunk without the horrible sick feeling. Alcohol isn't the worst drug. It has no real long time affects, all the other drugs do and that's is why I really don't like them. I have friends who are *far-out maaaaaan* even when they aren't stoned, times to many I asked if they were stoned and they weren't just been affected by the drug damaging thier brain.

I might come across harsh and I really don't want to :) I personally wouldn't and I don't think that you should stop, it's your choice. ^^
What? o.o'

Drinking alcohol can have no long term affects? Yay I'm not going to get any liver dysfunction if I am always drunk now!! :D

Jun 26, 2009
'Cus I promised myself I'd stay pure meaning no drugs, no alchahol or ciggarets.
Well pure from those things...
Not saying that if drink alchahol your teh ImPUre but there's a long story behind it...

Johkmil

Apr 14, 2009
Drugs? I haven't even drunk alcohol. Why? Because it conflicts with my world view.
Do they illuminate me intellectually? Philosophically? Spiritually? Ethically?
At best, drugs and intoxicating sustances give a short-lived and restricted, if intense, physical pleasure.
The greatest threat to the civilization we know is the omnipresent and growing decadence and self-indulgence of our consumerist society. We have no ideals, no ideas, no purpose or meaning except for fulfilling short-term physical desires. From self-indulgence nothing can grow but chaos. And this chaos is within reach and realizable through nothing but free choice, libertarian good intentions and the pursuit of happiness.

tjcross

Apr 14, 2008
dirt poor myself it's either drugs or internet and the internet has more practical applications than drugs and less horrible side effects

Eternalsun

May 11, 2010
hell ill get drunk till i puke my guts
but actual hard illegal drugs i wont touch, they have never had any appeal to me

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
I don't have anything against it, I just don't do them for two reasons:

1. They're illegal, and there for impossible to get without the fear of getting arrested.

2. They do bodily harm, something that I don't want to do.

If not for those, than I'd been on the weed train all the way to highville.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Furburt said:
SnipErlite said:
I occasionally drink, but since that's non addictive I don't usually compare it to all the illegal and addictive drugs.
I'm not arguing with you or anything, but alcohol is actually physically addictive. It's not highly addictive, but it is addictive.
Mmmm I suppose you are right now I think about it. But hey, what's the worst that can happen? How hard can it be?

Heh.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Levitas1234 said:
Neonbob said:
Nnnope.
The only drugs I've taken are prescribed to me for ADHD.
Which are much much worse than weed, you take amphetamines you are a drug user.

I smoke weed everyday, I smoke weed everyday because i have nothing better to do. I'm bored, so i do drugs because drugs are fun.
And I can deal with that, since without them, I find it nearly impossible to get anything done without flying off on fifty thousand different tangents. Sure, there are non-stimulant options, but I'm not that sold on them.
Although it made the idea of drug tests a bit of an annoyance.
Having to explain myself to some administrator is not something I wanted. Hell, I already get pulled out of line at the airport damned near every time I fly...

lightningmagurn

Nov 15, 2009
Because the first time I was going to try any drug, it was going to be weed. The kid next to me took the blunt, smoked a little more than his share and couldn't breathe. He had athsma and had go to the hospital. I run track. No smoke for me.

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
lightningmagurn said:
Because the first time I was going to try any drug, it was going to be weed. The kid next to me took the blunt, smoked a little more than his share and couldn't breathe. He had athsma and had go to the hospital. I run track. No smoke for me.
Breathing down a shitload of smoke when you have asthma doesn't seem like the finest idea.

ineedscissors

Oct 24, 2009
I don't do drugs because the price and criminal risk of marijuana just isn't worth the paltry effects, and the drugs that will actually do shit will also seriously fuck you up. So I'll stick to my alcohol.

Legendsmith

Mar 9, 2010
My father is an alcoholic and marijuana addict. I don't want to end up like him.
I've seen first hand what it does.

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
Razomka said:
I'll link a website and this is basically why I don't do them.

http://www.talktofrank.com/ = look up your drug of choice.
The website is obviously biased, deliberately exaggerating the side effects and witholding other information.

I tried weed once or twice and it was kind of weird and horrible. Made me light-headed and out of control, so basically I rather get drunk without the horrible sick feeling. Alcohol isn't the worst drug. It has no real long time affects, all the other drugs do and that's is why I really don't like them.
You know, apart from liver cirrhosis and Korskoff syndrome. Maybe the occasional overdose. Or dependancy. Or, when kicking an alcohol dependancy, perhaps a bout of delirium tremens which can be life threatening.

I have friends who are *far-out maaaaaan* even when they aren't stoned, times to many I asked if they were stoned and they weren't just been affected by the drug damaging thier brain.
About that website witholding some information? Turns out one of the articles on there about cannabis (all without citing sources by the way) said that heavy use leads to lethargy in some cannabis users. What they neglected to mention is that descrepancy between heavy users and the control group disappears after 6 weeks of abstaining from cannabis.

I might come across harsh and I really don't want to :) I personally wouldn't and I don't think that you should stop, it's your choice. ^^
Now, I know this looks like I'm trying to nail you or something, but that's really not the case. I just want to try and persuade you to be a little bit more critical in picking places to get informed. Especially since you made the remark that alcohol has no long-term side effects - which is a dangerous assumption to make.

I looked around for unbiased drug information on Google but couldn't find any in English. There are several institutes in the Netherlands that provide factual information on their websites but I couldn't find an English button... so I guess that's where this is coming from. Regardless I urge to take measures to find better information. Good luck!

Ah! This [http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/add15.htm] is the closest thing I could find, but it's hard to navigate and might not have all the information you might want. And not everything is equally well written. There are some book suggestions though.

TheHermit

Nov 30, 2009
Never socialized with anyone who drinks or does drugs so I never really found myself in a situation to try them. I might some day should the situation arise but for now I don't really see the point in doing things like that alone.

I'll also add that marijuana should be legal for so many reasons it's absurd.

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
Cos i recently found out that 2 musicians from bands i like both died by overdose of drugs.
That's why

Numbert

May 15, 2008
If you aren't religious it's an easy one. The thing that defines you is your brain as it is your center of consciousness. Changing the chemicals in your brain with drugs and alcohol is changing your very center of consciousness, so it is for me essentially the same thing as suicide; because the natural me has been changed and no longer exists. If your an atheist drugs and alcohol are suicide. If your religious this doesn't quite work with the whole soul thing, but I'm sure there are lots of good reasons for religious people not to do drugs as well.

Mako SOLDIER

Dec 13, 2008
Fralf said:
Mako SOLDIER said:
Fralf said:
I've got this plot i'm gonna wait till i'm about ninety and then use all my lifesavings and anything else that could be used as inherentence and i'll buy every drug on the market. you see if you wait long enough you will die of old age before you can feel the ill effects of the drugs, i.e. you won't get addicted.
Lol, if you buy every drug on the market you'll be dead within days. Plus, way to screw over your entire family by spending all their potential inheritence on shit :D I do get the impression that you're joking though.
exactly let them get there own damb money, i think that mixing money with death makes my demise seem less sad. and secondly yes i will die within days but i will die happy.
Personally, I don't intend to end up with a family that I care that little about that I would deliberately and vindictively choose not to allow something good to come of my death for them. If I have enough money when I die, I'll have university funds set aside for my great grandkids (or grandkids if they're still young enough). Sure, I don't intend to hand out money whenever anyone wants it, but I'm not going to be a complete dick to the people I care about. Unless they put me in a home against my will, in which case I'll have a life size statue with a plinth that says "You killed me" built in each of their gardens :D