WHY IS MVC3 BEING SO STUPID?!

Dec 14, 2009
Toasty Virus said:
New game = new characters?

Is it just me who likes this idea?

If I wanna play MvC2 I'll play that instead man

Plus Deadpool is awesome.
Yer, it annoys me too.

Fans get hyped up over a sequal and then get pissed when It's not the exact same game.

Raiha

Jul 3, 2009
well my first thought is that the publishers witheld a few of the well liked but not entirely necessary characters from the game so that they can release them as DLC later on. it makes sense from a business perspective. i would be shocked if venom and mega man were not released as DLC at some point in the future.

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Toasty Virus said:
New game = new characters?

Is it just me who likes this idea?

If I wanna play MvC2 I'll play that instead man

Plus Deadpool is awesome.
Yer, it annoys me too.

Fans get hyped up over a sequal and then get pissed when It's not the exact same game.
This is especially true with fighting games, in which the base mechanics are generally the exact same, so the only way to innovate is to have Have new characters

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
The only removals that sadden me are Mega Man and Gambit. I can understand the frustration of removing characters that were liked by a fan of the game.

dingles

Nov 12, 2009
Fanfic_warper said:
dingles said:
if you want to play mvc2, play mvc2. i think the new roster is great and feels right in line with the times. im actually disappointed that they had to bring back so many of the characters everyone was sick of seeing from mvc2 (magneto, storm, sentinel). the only thing that could improve the roster at this point would be the inclusion of megaman x and kickass
However, I would like to Point out that as awesome as Kick-ass was, that was DC. I don't care much for DC as it is, but this is MARVEL(not DC) Vs Capcom.
Kick-Ass was published by marvel, look it up. And before someone says its published by Icon, Icon is a branch of Marvel that highlights its A-list writers and gives creative control to them

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Deadpool was a great move. He's been gaining quite a bit of popularity and he's going to be the funniest character in the whole game. No other character revealed comes even close.

I'm usually not one for buying fighting games but I really like the roster full of recognizeable characters that I'm really considering getting this one.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I honestly could care less about Mega Man in this game, I didn't like using him in MvC2 because he just wasn't fun. Zero on the other hand I've thought was perfect for a fighting game ever since Mega Man X4. All of his moves were essentially something that you would see in a Street Fighter game.

Deadpool is awesome with a side order of fries(chips). Even though he's kind of getting played into the ground, he is an interesting character. He is insane and is fully aware of the fact that he is a comic book character, and he often breaks the fourth wall kinda like how he uses his health bar as a weapon in the game.

The only roster member I could really care less about is Haggar(I don't like Zangief either), but I won't use him anyway. The lack of Ken is a little upsetting, but I can deal with it.

As long as the roster is balanced I'm content.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
More characters means more variety. I loved Marvel vs Capcom 2, and I'll probably continue to play it, but it's long past time to move on from the established roster and start getting into stranger territory.

I mean, heck, just look at the original MvC. Come on, admit it; how many of you even knew who Strider was before then? Obscurity is the name of the game! That's what makes it fun!