Why is Soldier 76 seemed to be looked down upon by many Overwatch players?

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
barbzilla said:
Was your weapon accuracy at least 70%?
Is that even possible with his spread? And frankly, that is a ridiculously amazing accuracy...like pro level.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Glongpre said:
barbzilla said:
Is that even possible with his spread? And frankly, that is a ridiculously amazing accuracy...like pro level.
It's possible. Shooting at rein's shield counts toward your accuracy, and you're not going to miss his giant shield, so if you're constantly shooting at his shield and destroying it then it's very possible for a decent (not even great) player to get to 70% accuracy.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
I think Zhukov nailed it. There is almost an unspoken rule, vote for your healer since many view it as a boring and sometimes helpless role.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Glongpre said:
barbzilla said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Glongpre said:
barbzilla said:
It's possible. Shooting at rein's shield counts toward your accuracy, and you're not going to miss his giant shield, so if you're constantly shooting at his shield and destroying it then it's very possible for a decent (not even great) player to get to 70% accuracy.
Honestly I don't consider myself a great player, I do have my days though. I typically get around 60% or so if I'm aiming at heads (well honestly it is really the top of their chest and I let spread do the rest). I don't waste ammo throwing bullets down range, instead I use cover and sprint closer for my shot. If I need range, I just use his grenade launcher. The main reason for this is that I would often find myself dead while reloading by smart players making me waste ammo on mostly useless shots. As for shooting rein's shield, I typically leave that for other players (unless nobody is shooting it) and instead focus on getting into position to kill their key targets (like their healer and lead DPS). I hope that explains it a bit better, but if you really want to get good with him, I suggest watching a player who mains him.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Always give props to the healer... That is pretty much it. In games where I don't feel like voting for the one character in our team to be highlighted, I often vote for the Lucio, Mercy or Ana in the other team, because being support is hard, thankless and not "exciting" job, so most people don't play them because "they are boring".

Now, I am not saying you did bad. 54 eliminations and 4 gold medals is pretty impressive, and 4500 hp healed is not very much (in fact, if you got 4 medals, that means you healed more with 76 than Lucio), but since the UI did highlighted his healing roles, most people voted for him.

There is no conspiracy against 76. He is pretty standard in a world of robot monks, cyborg ninjas, giant knights, intelligent monkets, time traveling girls and future cowboys, but he is also one of the best characters in the game...