Why isn't anyone going nuts from Golden Sun?

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Something I'm noticing here. I see topics about Mario, Metroid, that crappy vitalitything..but what about Golden Sun? Am I the only one who finds that the best announcement of the Nintendo-conference? I've been waiting for this for 6 long, long years.

I'm absolutely glad with Mario Galaxy and Metroid, but it was Golden Sun that made me jump from my chair. Mario and Metroid were to be expected sooner or later, but Golden Sun was basicly dead. So, all together now: hooray for Golden Sun!

ThePlasmatizer

Sep 2, 2008
Golden Sun is one of the best rpgs ever created.

I generally feel sorry for those who haven't played it.

waggmd

Feb 12, 2009
They annouced Golden Sun thats awesome! Is it for the Ds? Also any word yet on Pikmin 3?

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I'd be more enthusiastic over it if GoldenSun (or something related to it) was somehow released on the Wii. As it is, I'm not a DS enthusiast. It sounds like a great idea, and I'm sure those with a Nintendo Handheld are pissing their pants in sheer joy.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
I played the first one and ya it was good but I don't think this one looks good.

I hate how it is in 3-D because the original wasn't and I hate how all game companies now decide to make all Nintendo DS games 3-D because they just look like shit (with the exception of any DS mario game),but I mean you don't have to go and make a shitty looking 3-D just make a awesome looking 2-D game. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
We are the the order of silent Golden Sun fans, after all...

Freakout456 said:
I hate how it is in 3-D because the original wasn't and I hate how all game companies now decide to make all Nintendo DS games 3-D because they just look like shit (with the exception of any DS mario game),but I mean you don't have to go and make a shitty looking 3-D just make a awesome looking 2-D game. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
I watched a trailer and I think that we can expect awesome looking 3D game, for a change.

Samuari Jim

Mar 26, 2009
I am and have been freaking out since the news broke, but I have homework to finish still, so my outburst of joy will have to be delayed.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Wait....are you....are you actually saying that they FINALLY announced Golden sun 3?
Because if they did, and it's for the DS, then my day has just been made.
Golden sun and it's sequel were my favourite games on the gba, and two of my favourite games alltogether.

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
SmilingKitsune said:
Wait....are you....are you actually saying that they FINALLY announced Golden sun 3?
Because if they did, and it's for the DS, then my day has just been made.
Golden sun and it's sequel were my favourite games on the gba, and two of my favourite games alltogether.
Enjoy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSCvNh7EdNY[/youtube]

waggmd said:
They annouced Golden Sun thats awesome! Is it for the Ds? Also any word yet on Pikmin 3?
Nope, nothing. Oh well, maybe Miyamoto has something to say about it in his interview tomorrow.

Freakout456 said:
I played the first one and ya it was good but I don't think this one looks good.

I don't think it is truly 3d. More the kind of 3d used in a lot of jRPG's, with only one camera angle. And then there is the jumping in the trailer; it certainly looks a lót like in the other 2 Golden Sun's. Plus, the game doesn't seem to 'zoom in' to the character, which makes it look a lot better in my opinion. Not like those extremely ugly cutscenes from FFIV, to name an example..

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
I forget how, probably a present, but at some point I got the sequel Golden Sun.

I hated it. Just hated it.

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Damn you.

You should have played the first game first though, since The Lost Age is basically the second half of the whole game that is Golden Sun. And yes, that's more than 'a direct sequel'.

Tales of Golden Sun

Dec 18, 2008
PlasticTree said:
Damn you.

You should have played the first game first though, since The Lost Age is basically the second half of the whole game that is Golden Sun. And yes, that's more than 'a direct sequel'.
I started out with The Lost Age, then got my hands on part 1, and then transferred my data from part 1 to part 2 :D
So, you don't NEED to start with part 1. :{

Anyway, I felt like I had to cry when I saw the trailer. SO many years of waiting...

This was worth the wait:
[http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=goldensundsartwork.jpg]

A lot of people think these guys are Isaac and Garet, but I don't really believe that.
First of all, they look different. Garet would have had a huge make-over.

And this "Garet"'s axe. It has lightning surrounding it. LIGHTNING.
Garet was a Mars adept. Not a Jupiter adept.

I think the blond guy is Isaac's son or grandson.

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
I've been saying OH MY GOD GOLDEN SUN 3 every 20 min since I heard it. I have been Googling that shit every month since I beat The Lost Age 6 years ago. So in conclusion WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.

And people seem to be talking about who the characters in the game are and I read in a press release that the main characters are the descendants of the originals. You guys didn't think you'd be starting with level 40+ characters did you?

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Golden sun was a great little B class RPG up their with lufia and gaa I forget, hell it was a better RPG than the Lunar and wild arm remakes >>

Ziren

Apr 14, 2009
I'm probably going to play it, but it really pisses me off.

I've sold my copies of part one and two a year ago because I had no faith left that another sequel would ever be made. Of course I don't have the code from part II anymore, and since that one is most likely a condition for a 100% run...