Why must you betray me!!!?

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
The thread title says it all folks. What game's have betrayed you, or let you down. I have a few examples.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 9: why did you switch from using any class to only using army leaders!!!?

Samurai Warriors 3: what the fuck? you released only on the PlayStation for how long? then all of a sudden number 3 comes out and you'r exclusive only to the Wii, BETRAYED!!

So let me ask the escapists, what games have betrayed you?

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Mortal fucking Kombat. Loyal fan since the very beginning, buying every steaming turd they release since trilogy, and then the final straw is that they don't even give 360 players an exclusive character, what the fuck?

irtaco

Dec 2, 2009
Fallout: New Vegas. You're a post-apocallyptic Western! But why? Why must you have so many bugs?! I can't stop playing you, and yet you punish me for it. You're like cocaine mixed with glass, New Vegas. Addicting and hurtful.

RemytheNinja

Jan 16, 2011
I loved Phantasy Star Online 1-2, so when i heard about PSO3 I jumped through the roof. Then come to find out they ditched the battle system for card battles... >:p

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
archwiccan said:
The thread title says it all folks. What game's have betrayed you, or let you down. I have a few examples.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 9: why did you switch from using any class to only using army leaders!!!?

Samurai Warriors 3: what the fuck? you released only on the PlayStation for how long? then all of a sudden number 3 comes out and you'r exclusive only to the Wii, BETRAYED!!

So let me ask the escapists, what games have betrayed you?
Dino Crisis 3. If you played the first two games and enjoyed them, then played the 3rd, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I switched consoles from playstation to xbox to play that game and it was a rancid stinking pile of something that is so indescribably bad that it defies all description. If you ever thought about playing it, DON'T FUCKING DO IT!!!
I was also very disappointed in the fourth Rachet and Clank. There was hardly any clank, you didn't even get him as a backpack for like half the levels. And the weapons were a disappointing downgrade from previous edditions.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Tarranium said:
Halo and gears 2 multiplayer aaand dragon age origins combat
How did Dragon Age Origins' combat betray you? It was advertised a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

No game has betrayed me, if choices anger me then I won't buy the game, simple as that.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
NightShade. Why on earth would you make a Shinobi sequel/spin-off so horribly bland and boringly easy. Shinobi is awesome and fast-paced. Why didn't they just make another awesome and fast-paced game? Sure, some people whined that Shinobi was too hard, but screw those people.

In fact, this is my greatest fear for Platinum Games. I love their games precisely because hey are challenging to a degree most developers have stopped implementing. If Platinum Games goes soft, they'll start to get as lame as recent DmC.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
The Dragon Ball game franchise in general. Throughout the past couple of decades, we've been steadily building up as technology progressed, gradually approaching that most coveted of titles, the honor of being an "anime game that's actually good".

Then, it happened. DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 hit the PS2/Wii and it was on. This beast of a game had everything; every saga, every movie, every OVA, even a good handful of "What If...?" scenarios. And most importantly, you could be anyone you wanted. Literally. Yeah, all the main characters were there (with all their various transformations intact to boot), but so were the obscure ones. Master Roshi, Future Gohan, Android #8, Mercenary Tao, that Indian guy Goku fought during the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament... Hell, you could even play as one of Frieza's nameless soldiers, if that's what you really wanted.

I spent hours playing that game. Even after unlocking every last little thing and earning 100% completion, I'd still play it just to knock people around as Raditz or something... Hell, I still play the game for that very reason.

So I have to ask... Why in the name of Shenron were DB's first three outings on the 360/PS3 so awful? Burst Limit can be forgiven, I guess, for being more of a stylized upgrade of the very first Budokai game.. But Raging Blast 1 and 2? There's just no excuse for that. None whatsoever. Betrayal! Betrayal of the highest order!