why not hate the police if your not a criminal??They do it all the time in my country!

I am 2 cool 4 anime

Mar 31, 2011
Lets get this strait,EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO LISTENS TO RAP IN MY COUNTRY HATES THE POLICE!!!Sorry for caps,won't happen again!I don't understand why do they hate the police so much here,they will kill for their favorite team (witch is ether partizan or red star) even though the two teams didn't do any thing for them,AND THEY BOTH SUCK!Sorry,:p.All I am saying is that the police is doing a lot more for us then some people running around on grass kicking balls into boxes....

Arluza

Jan 24, 2011
I hate the police because they support laws that are immoral. I hate the police because they protect the interests of a government that is only interested in serving the mega corporations. If you aren't talking from the US, then I don't even know what you are talking about.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Arluza said:
I hate the police because they support laws that are immoral. I hate the police because they protect the interests of a government that is only interested in serving the mega corporations. If you aren't talking from the US, then I don't even know what you are talking about.
Amen brother, amen. I guess I shouldn't lie, I do brake some laws, so I guess that makes me a criminal, and maybe I do have reason to be paranoid as regards the police, but I know I'm not the only one here who thinks people should be allowed to indulge in communion with certain plants. Forgetting that though, police around here are all too often on a power trip.

But even beyond that, the US government is so far beyond corrupt that it's not even funny. Representative democracy is, in may ways, just a way to keep us all fighting with ourselves while the corporate interests which pay all of our "representatives" do whatever the fuck the want. The police are the physical expression of the corruption in the US government, as they act as the hand for the evil head.

So yeah, even if I wasn't a criminal by technicality, I would still feel some animosity towards the police.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
I have no idea what you're talking about. How are we supposed to agree with you about the police being unfair where you live if you don't tell us where you live?

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
I don't like them simply because they have power over me. There's nothing to stop them from arresting me if they suspect me (wrongfully or not), and if i fight back or struggle i get a fine.

I understand why they are needed but that doesn't mean i have to like them. The fact that the job also seems to attract a fair number of power-abusing assholes doesn't help either.

Guac

May 7, 2011
As I can imagine happens in most other countries too, the police over here do things that aren't completely necessary.
Sure they have a right to do it, but it's essentially just annoying some people, and not making anybody's lives better.

For the most part, a lot of police are just power-mad.

DefinitelyPsychotic

Apr 21, 2011
I'm not a criminal, but I do hate cops that think they are gods, and that they are above the law.
I'm from the US, and we have a lot of arrogant and ignorant cops over here, but who doesn't?

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Arluza said:
What Laws are immoral? I would also say it's the court system who favors corporations, not your average blue collar cop.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Arluza said:
Intriguing... and I thought the police just caught murders, stopped rapist, arrested thieves, and kept us safe from the worst of our society.

Exactly what do the police do that's evil, anyway? Or are you one of those people who just don't like them because they're stoners (A valid question, as I know many of these people, and they tend to rant about the same crap to dance around the reason they REALLY hate the police).

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
Arluza said:
I hate the police because they support laws that are immoral.
I'm not sure how things pan out in the US, but over here in the UK this completely misses the point. Most of the time, a copper will know that the law is stupid, or they have some discretion: And, unless its under a lot of scrutiny, the enforcement may not be quite as strict as more universally accepted laws against assault, etc. BIG keyword in the last sentence is enforcement. They don't make the laws, they just enforce them. It's a job they're doing for money, or otherwise for some personal reason.

That said, I do disagree with some of the means the police use here. They tend to be very intrusive, very public and sometimes not very well targeted; They can talk to whoever they are after, but they tend to annoy many people in the process. For instance: They think someone's smoking on a bus service that has had anti-social behaviour problems, they pull it over, haul the guy off. Bus drives away, next one in an hour, and it turns out he generally had his hands near his face. It's this sort of logic that grinds down people patience here. They will usually be polite, but sometimes they just don't think through how they impact upon other people.

Chappy

May 17, 2010
Well I'm going into law enforcement to a degree so... hate away I guess? *Flame shield activate*

Simple answer to this is people like to blame other people for things common scapegoats are - Goverment, Corporations, Banks, Police and Teenagers however they forget that without any of these they would have a heck load more to moan about and their lifes would be poorer for the loss.

In all things there are people in an organisation or group who are not the most noble and can act in cruel ways this includes the police and unfortunatly the majority of bad is always protrayed and seen above the massive mass of good the rest of the group can and probably does do which skews the opinion of people towards them not to mention this is not an exclusive trait to just police but some people may see it as such. This and of course everyones favourite 'The Media' who love to pick on people like Police in stories.

In short haters are going to hate and people always love to use police as a scapegoat to direct their hate and potray their problems, just deal with it and remember without you no matter how low they view you they would have significantly less and a worse life.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
I listen to rap. I like the police. They're okay people for the most part who really just want to protect their community. There's no reason to hate an entire group of people because a few of them act like assholes. Especially when you don't even know them.

Agent Cross

Died And Got Better
Jan 3, 2011
I'm under the opinion that many police officers have a superiority complex. They have been given the power to exercise force and judge the public based on there own pretense of a situation. Which is hard for them not to do, seeing as they never know what they may be walking in to. So... we resent them. It's a mixed bag.

Short answer: We don't really respect those who have power over us.

Bires

Apr 2, 2011
We tend to forget that police officers are still human beings that are flawed, like the rest of us. One or two bad experiences, and a person will paint the whole profession as corrupt and power-mad, which is unfortunate (as all stereotypes tend to be). There are good cops and bad, just like there are good and bad doctors, teachers (me), programmers, cooks...even lawyers.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I don't really hate the police, but I don't fully support them either. My reasoning is that the law isn't based on morality or justice, the law is based on enforcing order and the status quo. The status quo here is comprised of corrupt people.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I have a great deal of respect for the Police. Are there bad cops? Of course, but not to the degree Hollywood portrays. Policemen and women are usually good people who believe strongly in justice and peace, but the media only focus on the police who taze people or arrest 8-year-olds because it makes for a good story. And often times the unreasonable things we think cops do are not really their fault, but rather caused by stupid rules and regs they have to follow (ie speed traps).

Call me naive if you want, but I find it rather hypocritical how American military personnel are often glorified and treated as heroes by the same people who say cops are corrupt and dirty. Those people need to get their heads out of their asses.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I am 2 cool 4 anime said:
Lets get this strait,EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO LISTENS TO RAP IN MY COUNTRY HATES THE POLICE!!!Sorry for caps,won't happen again!I don't understand why do they hate the police so much here,they will kill for their favorite team (witch is ether partizan or red star) even though the two teams didn't do any thing for them,AND THEY BOTH SUCK!Sorry,:p.All I am saying is that the police is doing a lot more for us then some people running around on grass kicking balls into boxes....
......what is this? I don't even know what you're trying to say. Where do you live that "EVERYONE SINGLE PERSON WHO LISTENS TO RAP IN MY COUNTRY HATES THE POLICE!!!"? Where does this complaint come from, please fix your[footnote]fixed my grammar mess up[/footnote] grammar and clarity in this.

Now by going off of the Thread Title I'll say people don't like how a select group of people has power just by having a badge. They tend to have a bad experience or two, or even worse their friend had a bad experience with a cop, and they generalize all cops that way. Not to mention we only hear about the fuck ups with the police, you never hear about Officer X, who was on patrol all day today, gave out 4 tickets for Traffic Violations, responded to a traffic accident, and did paperwork