Why should i care about diablo 3?

Liam Starrs

Dec 26, 2011
Just read the mail about the free diablo 3 beta and i realised that lots of people care about this and i just dont. i dont know anything about it but right now i wouldnt play diablo 3 if i got it for free. I love RPGs Final fantasy and skyrim and all that but diablo just never came across my mind as an important game. So im just wondering if anyone can tell me why i should buy this game when it comes out or is i should bother at all.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
That depends. I enjoyed Diablo I and II. Cooperative story multiplayer with a few friends, not over the web, but like in the old times, when everyone brought there PC over. Couple of beers, some pizza... click stuff, it dies. Click stuff repeatedly, you get a nice rendered cutscene before moving on to click more stuff. Cute little run-off-the-mill fantasy story.

Did you play I and II? I'm hoping for a similar experience, that's why I care.

Not about the beta though, I can wait.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
The only thing I would recommend is to have a go at diablo or diablo 2 first...

But I don't really think you can enjoy it to the extent others did, not (only) because the game is ugly, but the online scene is much smaller now.

But most people who are excited were the ones who were spending nights on end playing diablo 1/2.

I guess your best bet would be trying out the previous games, or if you can get into the beta, give that a go too.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Hell if I know, I loved their first two games but I can't find a single reason to go for the third.
Maybe if you always fantasized what police state gaming would be like then this is a dream come true...

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
TheCaptain said:
That depends. I enjoyed Diablo I and II. Cooperative story multiplayer with a few friends, not over the web, but like in the old times, when everyone brought there PC over. Couple of beers, some pizza... click stuff, it dies. Click stuff repeatedly, you get a nice rendered cutscene before moving on to click more stuff. Cute little run-off-the-mill fantasy story.

Did you play I and II? I'm hoping for a similar experience, that's why I care.

Not about the beta though, I can wait.
In which case you should stick with Torchlight 2 instead of D3, they've changed so much shit it's NOTHING like D1 or D2. You know the loot you loved the gather up? Yeah, they don't want you to pick it up anymore. That cauldron you could DE stuff in? Gone. The ability to sell stuff anywhere? 86'd. Attacking mobs with your mouse? Nope, one button generates resources, the other spends them and you'll have only 4 buttons to play with on your hot bar. Rune farming? Nope, auto learned.

That dreaded word all PC gamers hate has reared its ugly head and taken Diablo with it. CONSOLIFIED

They've dropped a huge deuce on D3 that I don't care about it anymore either, TL2 is looking a lot better, no always on DRM and only $20 to boot, so I'll be sticking with that.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I played the D3 beta and as someone who really liked D2 I don't even care about this. Doesn't help that their business model and online restriction are pure shit.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I enjoyed Diablo 2 in its day, but a recent foray into Torchlight left me with the overwhelming impression that this game play model's time in the sun has come and gone. It felt incredibly dull. MMO's took the obsessive loot hoarding ball and ran it into the endzone years ago, and action RPGs have evolved into much more than flashy gauntlet clones in the intervening decade. Maybe I'm wrong, and Diablo 3 will have that special something...Blizzard does tend to know what they're doing, after all...but even if it does, there are so many good games coming out this year...so many good games that DON'T result in carpal tunnel syndrome from pummeling the left mouse button unrelentingly, that I feel almost obligated to give it a pass.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Qitz said:
That dreaded word all PC gamers hate has reared its ugly head and taken Diablo with it. CONSOLIFIED
I had no idea... I must admit that I didn't bother to go get any information on the game beyond watching the trailers.

Gnah. Might as well give it a spin, due to certain circumstances I'm not particularly proud of I'm entitled to a "free" copy anyway -.- I'll try and fiddle with the key bindings until it feels like classic diablo.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
TheCaptain said:
I had no idea... I must admit that I didn't bother to go get any information on the game beyond watching the trailers.

Gnah. Might as well give it a spin, due to certain circumstances I'm not particularly proud of I'm entitled to a "free" copy anyway -.- I'll try and fiddle with the key bindings until it feels like classic diablo.
You fell for the year pass eh? Don't feel bad, I almost went with it as well but my raising boredom in WoW and Guild Wars 2 coming around kinda stopped me.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Qitz said:
You fell for the year pass eh? Don't feel bad, I almost went with it as well but my raising boredom in WoW and Guild Wars 2 coming around kinda stopped me.
I mostly got it because my father kept playing WoW when we all went on to SWTOR... It was like "so you can still log on from time to time and do a quest with your old men, and hey, you were going to buy Diablo 3 anyway, so it's actually a pretty good deal".

Well, sometimes you win, sometimes Blizzard happens.