Why The Witcher 2 Needed an Enhanced Edition

kyoodle

Dec 4, 2009
Pandabearparade said:
Susan Arendt said:
Also, we don't do scores out of 10. Just a minor nitpick.
A completely trivial nitpick. Are you going to tell metacritic to change that 100 to a 5 because you don't score out of 100? Doubtful.
What does that even mean?

A five star system is never going to translate well to a percentage.

May 17, 2010
Pandabearparade said:
The review did omit some very, very serious objective flaws in the game, however. Bugs, nonsensical quests (you find a quest item and magically know to give it to some stranger), and reused environments to name the most obvious and egregious.

I don't mind the 100% score so much as the fact that the game's shortfalls weren't even mentioned in passing so they could be handwaved away.

I'd give New Vegas a 10/10, but a review that doesn't mention the amount of bugs that game has (or had at release, at least) is just disingenuous.
I pretty much agree with this. I tend to think it's kind of Tito's job to be less susceptible to hype then other people. Which I think he failed at here. And not mentioning the flaws was well, IMHO, unprofessional. I know that's a big accusation to throw around but to me, Tito slipped out of doing his job, his pad job, as a reviewer and became a fan. And in my mind that shouldn't happen, He shouldn't of done it and the editor should never of let it be printed/posted.

Panda mentioned New Vegas, and I agree. To rant and rave about a video-game without even mentioning the obvious flaws is poor practice. It's something two friends might discuss together, not a contributor on a video game website.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
*sigh* every thread about TW2 always end up turning into a thread about DA2.

Bat Vader said:
I just finished playing The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition and I liked the ending after the epilogue and how Dandelion talks about the players choices. I also liked the cinematic after the credits. I can't wait for The Witcher 3 now.

I also liked the newer quests in Act III as well. I thought there was supposed to be a two or three hour long quest line besides the main one in Act III. Unless they meant two or three hours of added quests.
I think they meant 2 or 3 hours of added quests. There are 2 as far as I know. One for Roche (Lilies and Vipers) and one for Iorveth (The Secrets of Loc Muinne).