Why You Love, Or Hate, Your Home State (Or Province)

destroyer2k

Oct 12, 2008
Slovenia

I love my country for this:
- free schools to age 27
- good health administration
- and we don't have a law suits idiots like in america (not that you are dumb, but some lawsuit are freaking dumb)
- good student benefits
- no bandwith limit

And why I hate my country:
- Those drug users get more money from social department than some poor family
- High prices against UK (electronic, clothes...)
- Every single person that works in politics (they are just stupid like a chicken without head)
- Our country wouldn't know what is a good investment even if there lives depend on them
- And shitty job payment if you don't have luck (a little better is now but still way off)
- bad internet speed if you don't live in a large city (1Mb/s max).

AndyFromMonday said:

Hungary?

UAProxy

Sep 11, 2009
Winter Haven, Florida.

Pros: Um... We have a movie theater, I guess. Most of the cool shops/features either went out of business or were paved over years ago. The Downtown district is nice. Some of the older bits of town have some really nice tree cover, but that's changing too.

Cons: A mix of suburbia and small-town poverty in a diminishing amount of natural land that was never all that pretty to begin with, no interesting stores or locales, home to some of the most ignorant and backwards people you'll meet, schools are terrible, streets aren't all that safe at night. It's also Florida which means that the weather is either, wet, hot, or wet and hot.

I would much rather live somewhere else. Like Maryland. Maryland sounds nice.

rocket pike

Jul 2, 2009
S.E suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria (Aus)

Pros
-Plenty of things to do here
-Jobs here are practically given out on the street corner
-most people are generally nice

Cons
-the weather here behaves like a troubled child on crack (i.e 32 one day 18 the next)
-drought
-to many emo kids (fuck them, i know what its really like to be depressed)
-Michael Atkinson

OT: i generally like where i live

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
South Yorkshire... I love the place because it's beautiful and has some nice people. I hate the place because it's full of racist BNP supporting nationalists, people who spend there time on benefits. Yeah we have people here on the dough(benefits) for reasons like "Can't be arsed to work" or "D'rather stay at home, fuck work" then complain about "paki's stealing their jobs"... makes me facepalm.

yankeefan19

Mar 20, 2009
I enjoy living in Iowa. It is a beautiful place, with very nice people, even if it is boring and lacking in cities.

destroyer2k

Oct 12, 2008
AndyFromMonday said:
Ah then I know what is like for you. I only know how much your soldiers gets paid on mission and let just say that our minimum pay is higher.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Texas. It's not as bad as Mississippi, but it's still very much a red state, so in 2002 there were forces at work in our congress both to legalize beastiality and to outlaw sodomy.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Because, since I'm from wisconsin, people think I withstand 10 degrees in a tshirt. It's pretty nice they think that, so i count that for a reason why I love this place XD

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Alberta
Canada.
Chances are if you live in euorpoe, my provine could fit your country 3 times over.

It's basically the wild west combined with corporate capitalist conservatives running most everything. I miss Nova scotia, specifically Cape Breton. I have so many friends and family there.....plus the ocean....and iceberg climbing....

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Kentucky. Love it cause its honestly full of some of the most level-headed, nicest people I know

J.McMillen

Sep 11, 2008
G1eet said:
fluffybacon said:
I fucking hate texas.
Whereabouts in Texas? I was under the impression that the Austin area isn't too shabby. Can't pass judgement on any of the other bigger cities, though.

Oh, God, you don't live in Waco, do you?
Born and spent most of my life in Texas. DFW isn't too bad if you know where you want to go. The big problem up here is that there are very few areas to hang out where you can walk from place to place trying to find things to do. Sometimes I really wish it was like downtown San Diego where you can walk up and down the streets looking for a places to eat, drink, or hang out. Here everything is too spread out.

ZomgSharkz

Aug 4, 2008
Evergreen, Colorado: basically badass.

It's about 20 minutes from Denver but still has a small town feel. The mountains are freaking awesome as well. And the creators of South Park went to my high school so that's a plus.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
almostgold said:
Kentucky. Love it cause its honestly full of some of the most level-headed, nicest people I know
I'd argue, but I'm too much of a level-headed nice person.

Deathsane

Dec 3, 2009
whoohoo same province buddy but im from some hick town north of winnipeg.
OT: pretty much the winter
edit: was talking to shewolf51