Wierdest or Best Street Performer you've seen

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
There's a fairly old guy in Norwich (UK) who has a act where he puts a selection of 90s hits on his boombox, puts a cow puppet on one hand, holds a microphone in the other, and then just headbangs the cow while swaying to the beat. He can do this for five hours straight and pretty much makes enough for a tray of chips, before carrying on until the evening.

Also in Norwich, a man appeared with a pet ferret who played the flute...and then two days later another flute player appeared, with an identical ferret, but they both played on the same street.

Anyways, whats the best, wierdest, or both, street performer you've seen anywhere?

AbyssalSanhedrin

May 8, 2010
There's a guy in Covent Garden square fairly often whose act finale involves juggling machete's on top of a ladder. Not a step-ladder, a regular, lean-against-a-wall type ladder which he grips with his legs and sort of tips gently from side to side to move/balance. It's pretty damn spectacular.

Blair Bennett

Jan 25, 2008
There's this guy in Seattle, and he's fairly well known apparently, named Emery Carl. He plays the guitar, while utilizing a hula-hoop, and sometimes I've heard he will play a secondary guitar...while balancing it on his face...Yeah.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
We've got a stone man - he's really quite excellent and he always attracts a large crowd. Once a guy dressed as the Joker walked up to him and stared at him. I'm not sure if it was planned or not, but it was awesome. I don't know about the weirdest...there was once a group of cosplayers who started dancing. It could've been a flash raid. They were really good though.

gl1koz3

May 24, 2010
There's this old lady around at the city center, who also puts some 90s country on the box and does some weird dancing, while dressed up in something rather folk-ish.

Weird scene to watch. I've seen her since early 2000's or something.

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
Closest thing I ever had to that was an event going on at the local Games Workshop.

There were loads of us in costumes and junk (me being a commissar) waiting outside to get in (we got there before it opened). We were doing our usual of chatting about our armies with the occasional "For the Emperor" or "Blood for the Blood God" thrown in and people were walking past putting change on our army cases, or in my case, my upturned Commissar's hat which I had left on my case.

Needless to say, we didn't stop them.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
It's illegal to do in this city.
Though there was a Blind homeless man who would go to all the business around the downtown area selling brooms he bought from a wholesaler. He refused to beg for money and 'steal from the government' as he put it. I think every single cop in the city bought at least one broom from him at some point. He would also give tourists directions (remember he's blind) and when he walked up and down the streets he'd sing songs to attract attention to his sales. He did this for about 25 years. He died in 2004 they put his death on the front page because he was a local character.

CouchCommando

Apr 24, 2008
damn a ferret playing a flute bombs my best street performer, I saw a guy that could make a hand saw sing opera with a bow. That was years ago at Circular Quay in Sydney.

Jul 22, 2009
Just yesterday in the city centre (Birmingham) there were a load of Asian kids getting ready to sing and perform. They seemed like they might be quite good.

However I walked away the second the leader guy started saying Jesus lived among us...

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
My Mother once went to NYC and saw a man with a dog.
And on top of that dog stood a cat.
And on top of that cat stood a rat.
It was awesome.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
When I was in Paris, there was a banjo player in the subway. He was an old black guy with a few teeth missing, but he took advantage of his appearance by pretending to also be (at least kind of) crazy. He would run and skip back and forth, all the while yelling random song lyrics in peoples' faces. He was hilarious, and if he was on my side of that track I would've given him all the money I had.

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
I have never seen a great street performer or one that stood out from the rest in real life:3.

But the videos I have seen of this guy are amazing.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
I saw a guy in San Francisco last week who had a sign saying "I need money for weed so that I can perform better." I assumed he meant he needed the weed to play his guitar better (as one was laying right next to him) so that he would get more money performing on the streets. I still wonder why he didn't just play the guitar for money.

May 5, 2010
Probably the guy I saw in Washington DC who consistently (i.e. not slowing down, or messing up) juggling a bowling ball, a basketball, and a bowling pin. It was pretty impressive. Especially the bowling ball bit.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
there are two men in 4th Avenue, Tucson, Arizona. One plays guitar, and ones plays a sheet of metal like a violon. It's pretty kickass.