Wife Cheating Simulator

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
So I just noticed this in the Indie Speed Run section: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/indie-speed-run/?game=475
Your sweetheart comes home abruptly, and it is your goal to hide the evidence of the affair you have had, anywhere and anyway you can. As she walks the house, you have to figure out the order in which to hide everything so she remains unaware, all in first person.

Phone rings and it looks like your sweetheart is coming home early from a business trip!
Now what to do with the mistress waiting on your balcony...?
Hide the evidence of the affair anywhere you can.
Anyway you can.
Your secret must remain a secret.
Finally, a game that teaches people something valuable!

Jokes aside, what do people think? Are you utterly outraged that such a game exists, or do you have a flexible sense of humor?
Keep in mind this is an Indie Speedrun game, they didn't have very long to make it.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Seems to be following in the footsteps of Surgeon Simulator and that Viscera cleanup thing. Unrealistic simulations of realistically dull situations.

Seems like a silly enjoyable idea but these kinda games are gonna get boring eventually.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Ok?

Do whatever it takes to entetrenain people...

I myself dont care at all... except maybe in a LP or something like that.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Well I for one am highly offended. They'd better make one where you can play as the woman, not to mention more where you get to play as people representing different races, gender identities, and sexual orientations. Only then will I be satisfied, but as it stands this...

Yeah, I'm not going to go there. Joking aside, don't really care. Doesn't really seem like that impressive of an idea.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I like my video games to be escapism not reality.

MysticSlayer said:
Well I for one am highly offended. They'd better make one where you can play as the woman, not to mention more where you get to play as people representing different races, gender identities, and sexual orientations. Only then will I be satisfied, but as it stands this...

Yeah, I'm not going to go there. Joking aside, don't really care. Doesn't really seem like that impressive of an idea.
Not a single mention of playing as a pet hamster caught up in this tale of forbidden fluffy love, shame on you. a PETA upon your house. (I recently visited a pun thread)

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Weird game.

I read the title wrong. I thought you played as the cheating wife. Kinda dissapointed, but 'm pleased a creative game happened.
Maybe there could be expansions where you play as the wife. Maybe LGBT modes. I dunno.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
MysticSlayer said:
Well I for one am highly offended. They'd better make one where you can play as the woman, not to mention more where you get to play as people representing different races, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
Grrr...

I know you're kidding, but don't even pretend this isn't where this thread is going.

OT: Seems like an interesting idea for a playthrough or two. Going to check it out.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Cheating spouses as a game? Well I'm a big supporter of the Games Are Art and therefore nothing is forbidden camp, so I'd be quite a hypocrite if I found this offensive in any way.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Demon ID said:

MysticSlayer said:

Not a single mention of playing as a pet hamster caught up in this tale of forbidden fluffy love, shame on you. a PETA upon your house. (I recently visited a pun thread)
In that case it will be turned into a biting/revenge simulator where you must land the perfect bite, latching yourself right onto your master's...err, sweet spot...for forcing you into having an affair. Bonus points for escaping to freedom only to be eaten by a hawk.

Phrozenflame500 said:
MysticSlayer said:
Well I for one am highly offended. They'd better make one where you can play as the woman, not to mention more where you get to play as people representing different races, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
Grrr...

I know you're kidding, but don't even pretend this isn't where this thread is going.
I just wanted to get the joke in before it turned into something other than a joke.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
MysticSlayer said:
Demon ID said:

MysticSlayer said:

In that case it will be turned into a biting/revenge simulator where you must land the perfect bite, latching yourself right onto your master's...err, sweet spot...for forcing you into having an affair. Bonus points for escaping to freedom only to be eaten by a hawk.
I just want you to know that is a beautiful idea. Someone should contact you regarding a sequel.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Game sounds like fun and I approve of the unique scenario it has decided to introduce as a puzzle-solving exercise.

I mean, we essentially have murder simulators but cheating on your wife crosses a line? Priorities, people!

Would it be okay if I murdered her FIRST then had sex with someone else? I mean, the "until death do us part" caveat has been met.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
If the goal here was to be edgy and strange I think it was a failure, because this just seems sleazy and dull.

ZZoMBiE13 said:
Cheating spouses as a game? Well I'm a big supporter of the Games Are Art and therefore nothing is forbidden camp, so I'd be quite a hypocrite if I found this offensive in any way.
You can support something's right to exist while still finding it offensive.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Seeing as how it's an indie speed run game, I think just about anything goes. If it were a standard commercial offering- that is, someone thought there was a solid market for games about cheating on your spouse- I might be a little more upset.

Then again, given Ashley-Madison, there might be a market for a "cheating on your spouse" simulator. Specifically, among people who are the scum of the earth.

...All right, that might be a little harsh. I've generally said that as long as people differentiate between reality and fantasy, what one does in games shouldn't be cause for social stigma. As a specific area of focus, it does make me a trifle uneasy, but that's just one of my buttons; I've known people who were really hurt by cheating. But again, as I've said before, one person's offense at something is not reason for that something not to exist.

Soundwave

Sep 2, 2012
For an entire game, it sounds a lot like a single puzzle you'd find in another game. How about a game made of many saucy puzzles? Maybe the character could be a famous philanderer, like [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Flashman" (title,target)]Harry Flashman[/URL] or [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrano_de_Bergerac" (title,target)]Cyrano de Bergerac[/URL].

I understand it's an indy speed run game, and therefor not really a game. Having said that, I really would like to see a game about Flashman.