Wii Slot For Discs, Not Credit Cards

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Could one of the female members of this board please find this woman and give her a slap to back of her head Gibb's style please?

Phyroxis

Witty Title Here
Apr 18, 2008
hard core facepalm

Sadly I see my mom doing this if I ever am not around to run the cuboid.

WingedFortress

Detective
Feb 5, 2008
Hahaha, very funny.
One time, at my job, a fella asked why he couldn't pay me cash over the phone.
I was kinda dumbfounded.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
AuntyEthel said:
Wow. Some people's stupidity is incredible.
Isaac Dodgson said:
That made my morning...
the perfect back to school thread....wow though how do ya mistake disk slot for credit card? you put the number into the tihng......

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
In HER defense, he could've worded it a lot better than "you put your credit card in when prompted."

However, even then she manages to reach a whole new level of techno-tarded. Doesn't the Wii Shop channel give specific instructions on entering the credit card number?

EDIT: You know, I wonder how much money this woman would waste on a defective vending machine before giving up?

HydraZulu

Oct 6, 2008
This scares me. I fear the day that she gets a computer. I'm sure tech support all around the world does too. To imagine her on a computer, all i have to do is imagine my mom on a computer, and multiply by 10. Every time something pops up, she screams apocalypse.

Mom- "Jacob! Something just popped up! It says 'AVG Antivirus, click OK to update', what should i do!?
Me- ...
Mom- "I clicked cancel, is that right?"
Me- *Gets up with a resigned sigh*

WHY DOES SHE ALWAYS TRY THE COMPUTER WHEN IM ABSORBED WITH SOMETHING FUN ON MY COMPUTER?

Although, if you think about it, that poor credit card lady would make for some really funny tech support call logs, like the ones i enjoy reading all the time.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Stupid as it sounds (as well as amusing) I can perhaps understand why someone who had never used a console/ordered online before might take "put the creditcard in" too literally. Dunno if this woman fit that criteria.

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
"Put in your credit card" sounds a lot like physically putting in your credit card. The lady was clearly ignorant of technology, but the person giving the instructions used a very vague and odd way to mean "enter your credit card information". I wouldn't call the woman stupid, just mind bogglingly unfamiliar with mainstream technology.

This ranks up there with the cup holder fiasco when CD drives were first introduced to PCs. ;-)

And don't get me started on the seeming convenience of fridge magnets to hold 5 ¼" disks to the side of the PC's chassis.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
... How? I mean I know some people aren't knowledgeable when it comes to technology but this is an almost unbelievable level of ignorance. I thought this was a wind up at first but I got a good laugh out of it. Perfect thing to lighten up my Monday :D

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
The woman is trying to get the neighbor to pay for the damage? Really? She has destroyed my faith in humanity.