WII U should i get it

wgmovies

May 26, 2009
so what do you think of the wii u because im thinking of buying it for christmas

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
There's no reason I can think of to buy one now, it has one, maybe two games worth playing but you really really can't be stuck for something to play at the moment. Wait for a price drop, it might be imminent or it might take a while but I doubt it will have many must haves before it falls in price substantially.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Completely depends on your preferences and how much disposable income.

I have a friend who bought a Wii U on launch and he's very happy with it. He likes the zombie game on it and he's confident that the usual IP will deliver (Mario, Mario Kart, etc etc).

Me, I'm not going to bother because it just doesn't interest me.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
I bought one on launch day, it's a great system and I've had a lot of fun on Mario and ZombiU but it's nothing to have immediately. I bought the base pack (attached a 1TB hard drive I owned already) to save money as it's rather expensive. If you can wait then wait.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
No , wait a year till more games come out and more people have bought it for the online . I still don't understand why people buy consoles on release. There are very few (good) games and developpers don't know how to maximize the consoles efficiency .

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
krazykidd said:
No , wait a year till more games come out and more people have bought it for the online . I still don't understand why people buy consoles on release. There are very few (good) games and developpers don't know how to maximize the consoles efficiency .
Same here.
Wait for the games. I'm not bashing the Wii U. I like the Wii OK. Though it didn't get much use the last few years, I did play it a lot the first 3-4.

But what are you going to do with it? Have that "new console excitement", check out all the new features, play Nintendoland a bit and then...let it sit there until the games come for it?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I'd stick with the "wait a while" people.
Been looking at gameplay for some of the launch titles, and they don't seem bad, just nowhere near good enough to justify buying the entire console for.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I've bought one recently, mainly because i did get it for much cheaper due to various trade in deals with Game.

Personally though I would advise to hold on for at least half a year. The launch titles are great and all, but there isn't much of a selection, and the console seem rather featureless despite having the best internet browser on any console ever.

Zombie U is really fantastic though, and it is really a great showcase for the pad itself.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
I'm personally gonna wait until some big hitting exclusives from Nintendo are released for it. Something akin to the Galaxy games on the wii.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I'd hold off for a bit, wait for more games and for the bugs to start being ironed out (it's why i waited to get my PS3, no matter how badly i wanted it)