Wii U to be quickly outdated?

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
You know what? I'll believe the hardware specs that Nintendo releases. I've had enough of listening to anonymous sources on matters like this, because it only sparks flame wars.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
The Cool Kid said:
Exactly. The WiiU is releasing without the ability to run next-gen graphics when next-gen graphics are ~1 year away. That seems unbelievably short sighted.
To be fair, "Next Gen graphics" aren't really all that impressive. Look at what a moderate PC can do today: that's about what you can expect out of "next-gen graphics". It's an upgrade, to be sure, but we've reached the point where we aren't going to see giant leaps between console generations. PS2 to PS3 was HUGE. PS3 to PS4 will likely be less than half that.

I wouldn't expect new consoles to even match a high-end PC right now, much less next year when they're actually released. The costs would be far too prohibitive if they went for high-end PC specs.

I still believe the WiiU is going to be a disaster, but not because it's a generation behind (which it is). More because gimmicks + no 3rd party support = doooooooom.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
Will the Wii U have good games? Most likely, yeah. Pikmin 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited, and the other flagship franchises...

But will it have ENOUGH tiles? That's what I'm concerned about. I've been a Nintendo fan for years, but if it doesn't have enough games I'm interested in by the time Christmas rolls around next year (the most likely time I'll be getting it), it's gonna be hard justifying a purchase.