Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Matthew94 said:
arc1991 said:
Enverex said:
arc1991 said:
*Sigh*

Honestly all this bickering about which system is better is pointless, WiiU is this gen. Not next. Everyone pipe down, If you don't like Nintendo, good for you, but don't spew your hatred to others who may actually want this console.

I personally am keeping on eye on this console, if it seems good, and gets good reviews, ill get it, if not i wont.

Simple.
Wii U isn't out yet, the new PS and XBOX should be coming out next year, so they'll all be released within a close-enough timeframe. That makes them all the same generation.
But it isn't.

It's even by stated by Nintendo this console is this Gen. and we don't know when the new Xbox and PS is coming out, everyone assumed it would be this year last year, but nothing. You can't just assume the new consoles will have a 2013 release. They haven't even been spoke about my Microsoft of Sony.
[citation needed]

Can you provide a source for Nintendo saying it is a current generation system?
Sorry let me rephrase, they said to rival the PS3/360, i'm sure they said something along them lines last years E3

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
I don't really care that the horsepower might be lacking, i'm gonna enjoy just the good games which considering just how meh AAA gaming has become that includes the new things the controller can do.

I don't think anybody with more than half a brain would rely on Nintendo hardwade for all of their gaming needs, play the good games and ignore the crap

agent_orange420

Sep 30, 2011
where exactly is the graphics going to go for the 'true' next generation consoles anywho? Super extreme High definition uber (just coined it, SEHDU)? Great, but if all it does is paint everything grey and brown, how much of the awesome power is being used?

proof will be in the pudding, e.g what comes out on the frigging thing. Seeing how sony are remaking brawl with their characters and microsoft are inventing smart gl/ass, ninty could do well getting some good games for once, all three have certainly given up the last few years, counting their change and finding ways to cut their losses.

IF only they would release F-zero for the Wii (or the Wii2, whatever its called) i'd be happy until the next generation turns up. that will allow your dog to control via a brain remote and kick your backside at fifa.

Enverex

Oct 6, 2010
agent_orange420 said:
where exactly is the graphics going to go for the 'true' next generation consoles anywho? Super extreme High definition uber (just coined it, SEHDU)? Great, but if all it does is paint everything grey and brown, how much of the awesome power is being used?
Higher resolution textures, better AI, etc. Take the PC counterparts of the XBox 360 games when they came out: Skyrim looked better on the PC (and MUCH better with mods), GTA4 looked much better on the PC (far higher resolution textures, etc). Clearly the machines weren't up to spec for those games.

The consoles will (should) be pretty top notch when they come out and then they'll start slipping again over time until the next model comes out.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
Are there any other places this bad?
Oh just the whole internet being jaded for no reason?
I don't get you guys it's not like next gen will be anything like EU4 in real time gameplay for consoles or even computers.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
agent_orange420 said:
where exactly is the graphics going to go for the 'true' next generation consoles anywho? Super extreme High definition uber (just coined it, SEHDU)?
The term you are looking for already exists, its QFHD. Quad Full HD, or simply 4k. It is doubtful the new consoles will use it though, extraordinarily high prices, technical limitations and lack of infrastructure are holding it back.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Wow, this thread... Is not what I expected at all. Judging from the first few pages, people think the Wii U is going to be a success?!
There's a reason the shares dropped the instant they announced it.

Putting out a whole new console to sell a new kind of gimmick they could have tacked onto the Wii is a bad move.
People buy tablets because they like smartphones and want a bigger version of that. Not because they like holding rectangles.

'Casual' gamers want to play the 3 games they actually like without dropping hundreds more monies on a new console specced out with HD and media integration.
'Hardcore' gamers will be put off by it's stupid gimmicky main controller, inevitably poor marketing and a lack of console exclusives.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
TheBobmus said:
Putting out a whole new console to sell a new kind of gimmick they could have tacked onto the Wii is a bad move.
HAHAHAHHAHAHA.
You think it could be tacked onto the wii.
That's funny this thing couldn't even be tacked onto the ps3.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
GrimHeaper said:
TheBobmus said:
HAHAHAHHAHAHA.
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/uDraw-gaming-tablet.jpg
Combine this and a DS and you have your wonderful, totally useful tablet controller.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
TheBobmus said:
GrimHeaper said:
TheBobmus said:
HAHAHAHHAHAHA.
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/uDraw-gaming-tablet.jpg
Combine this and a DS and you have your wonderful, totally useful tablet controller.
You don't even know what you are saying do you?
Course you don't, you don't know anything about the Wii U if you are saying such things.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
GrimHeaper said:
Course you don't, you don't know anything about the Wii U if you are saying such things.
Go on.
Do tell me how this isn't the bastard hybrid of a DS and a WiiMote.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
TheBobmus said:
GrimHeaper said:
Go on.
Do tell me how this isn't the bastard hybrid of a DS and a WiiMote.
If you don't already understand why you probably never will, but I'll try in vain.
For one that isn't even what it looks like.

The wii mote and tablet are separate tools for different functions.
for 2 look at your tv, now tell me its a part of a ds and you can carry it with you in your pocket, no right? the screens can be apart and you can still play the game and when you do use the tv it can be used in ways that haven't been done before things that a DS that's more powerful than a ps3 couldn't do.
for 3 60 fps perfect streaming of games to the tablet

You can't be on the go obviously it's a console not a portable, so no it isn't a bastard child of the two.

know what that is? that's xenoblade in HD.
Guess what that same company is making a game that will be published on the wii U.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Anoni Mus said:
I'm going to buy Wii U and am Hardcore gamer when I want, your argument is invalid.
Exceptions to the rule do not disprove the rule.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Anoni Mus said:
TheBobmus said:
Anoni Mus said:
I'm going to buy Wii U and am Hardcore gamer when I want, your argument is invalid.
Exceptions to the rule do not disprove the rule.
Since you're the one deciding the rule I guess I can't win.
Touché.
We shall call this one a draw, oh ye of the punny name.