Wii Version of FIFA Offers Exclusive Street Mode

gregoryg

Mad Scientist
Jul 13, 2010
Wii Version of FIFA Offers Exclusive Street Mode

An over-the-top arcade mode for for the Wii version of FIFA 11 allows players to score wall goals, blast shots, and shoot shockwaves through opponents.

Players picking up the Wii version of the upcoming [http://www.amazon.com/FIFA-11-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B003KZQTW0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1280340236&sr=8-4] will find two different ways to play soccer. In addition to the traditional eleven on eleven stadium-based matches, the Wii version will feature an exclusive "street" soccer mode. These street matches drop the strict rules of the FIFA federation in favor of an over-the-top arcade game, complete with power-ups and wall-goals.

FIFA 11's street mode pits five-player teams against each other in the alleyways and warehouses of Brazil, England, France, and a number of other countries. Each character will be outfitted with their own distinctive style and abilities, and the indoor locations will allow you to use the wall to jump over rival players or to bank passes to teammates.

The street matches are highly customizable. Players will be able to choose different victory conditions - first to score, timed, or tug of war - and toggle a number of different modifiers to the playing field. Some of the modifiers revealed include elevated nets, wall goals, shrunken nets, and most interestingly, an arcade mode.

The arcade mode adds a power meter for each player. Once it is filled, you will be able to "blast shots, ignite a speed burst or send shockwaves over your opponents." In many ways, this mode seems to bring the FIFA series in line with Electronic Arts' upcoming remake of the arcade basketball game [http://www.amazon.com/NBA-Jam-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B003KZJB2U/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280340273&sr=1-1].

FIFA 11 will hit the Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October 4.

Source: Joystiq [http://fifa.easports.com/en/news.action?id=news_wii_announcement_27july&page=1]

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Que much whinging about how motion controls are ruining gaming. Although Squid makes a good point, why bother making a mode for *just* one format, especially for game that will get a PlayStation 2 release.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Delusibeta said:
Que much whinging about how motion controls are ruining gaming. Although Squid makes a good point, why bother making a mode for *just* one format, especially for game that will get a PlayStation 2 release.
Delusibeta said:
I think I understand EA's logic on this. They have the "standard" game for the 360 and PS3, while they have a slightly more arcadey-based game for the Wii. (hint hint casual gamers hint hint). Or have you forgotten the ridiculously cartoony versions of Fifa 08 and 09 the Wii got?

OT: Remember the amazing success of Fifa Street?

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
One of my most favourite features of FIFA World Cup 98 was the ability to play indoors. So while I won't be buying this game, I am happy to hear that EA Sports hasn't forgotten about indoor football.

Also, I think it would be awesome if a FIFA game featured an indoor mode that would be similar to the football played in the Nike commercial during Euro 2000:

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, suppose thats a good lil feature...if you enjoy those kinda games

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
So basically what you are saying is that they are adding Fifa Street to the game. Cool story, bro.