WiiU Controllers @ Rayman Legend Trailer

LakuNoce

Oct 18, 2010
I just had another look at the leaked trailer for Rayman Legends - and I noticed that besides the new controller, everyone else seems to be holding a normal Wiimote.

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/rayman-legends-premiere-video-wii-u-A101141.html

Wouldn't that be a very smart move by Nintendo?

No need to buy another set of controllers if you want to experience 4-player joy, just use your Wiimotes that you bought for the Wii! So in a way a lot of potential buyers "just" had to "upgrade" the Wii...

But what about WiiMotion+? Mandatory?

What are your thoughts?

BoogityBoogityMan

Jan 26, 2012
It's not a feature but a limitation. WiiU canna handle more than one tablet because it apparently is on par with the PS360 in terms of graphic and computing power.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I'm thinking Nintendo pays their viral marketers very well...

It's not that you don't need 4 special controllers, it's that you can't because the console only ever supports one.
This trailer is just casual market crack, they are even doing the collectable toys/DLC that people jizz their pants over.

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
BoogityBoogityMan said:
It's not a feature but a limitation. WiiU canna handle more than one tablet because it apparently is on par with the PS360 in terms of graphic and computing power.
Source? I only ever heard Nintendo saying that they wanted to do it because they didn't want people to buy multiple... personally I never bought that argument, if people don't want to buy more they can just not play games the require more.

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
Yeah this was confirmed ages ago, the Wii U can only support one tablet and can only be played with one.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
As long as it take a gamecube controller I'l be happy!

This reminds me of when I got a PS3, I bought these little "PS2 controller converter things" for like £2 as apposed to buying extra controllers for multiplayer, best gaming gadget ever.

zombieshark6666

Sep 27, 2011
I think they were intending to work on the hardware to allow for two of these, but they haven't announced anything yet.