Will Activision spoil Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, or perhaps play nice?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I think activision is just acting as the publisher and From Software retains its trademarks and such. So it will probably be alright.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
CoCage said:
Dreiko said:
CoCage said:
KingsGambit said:
Thanks, for the articles. I just wish Activision offered the same fucking courtesy to Platinum games. The Korra game was mediocre, Transformers Devasation was great, but rushed and should have been $30m and the less said about the TMNT game, the better.

I think a distinct factor to keep in mind is that all those examples are of licensed games that they hired Platinum to develop and not of Platinum having a vision for a game and going to activision to have them publish it like how Sekiro is being approached here.
Licensed game or not, it doesn't excuse the quality or lack thereof. Activision had done or hired other developers to do licensed games and turn out a great, good, or decent product. It was them making a quick buck or charging more than they should for a budget game.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about other than " I hate activision". Dreiko literally explained to you why it isn't a problem.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I don't get the impression Activision has too much influence on Sekiro. It's also single player only, so there aren't many avenues for monetizing the game to begin with.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Lufia Erim said:
CoCage said:
Dreiko said:
CoCage said:
KingsGambit said:
Thanks, for the articles. I just wish Activision offered the same fucking courtesy to Platinum games. The Korra game was mediocre, Transformers Devasation was great, but rushed and should have been $30m and the less said about the TMNT game, the better.

I think a distinct factor to keep in mind is that all those examples are of licensed games that they hired Platinum to develop and not of Platinum having a vision for a game and going to activision to have them publish it like how Sekiro is being approached here.
Licensed game or not, it doesn't excuse the quality or lack thereof. Activision had done or hired other developers to do licensed games and turn out a great, good, or decent product. It was them making a quick buck or charging more than they should for a budget game.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about other than " I hate activision". Dreiko literally explained to you why it isn't a problem.

I do have an idea, and I don't care; still dislike them.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Disliking someone shouldn't disable your capacity for recognizing when their normal maladies are not part of the picture. If you don't celebrate those occurrences, rare as they may be, you are doomed to an eternity of self-imposed dissatisfaction.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
CaitSeith said:
When you said "spoil", I thought immediately on plot spoilers or something similar.
This. I was trying to come up with a reason a publisher would release spoilers on their own games, or how another publisher managed to get hold of another companies plot spoilers.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dreiko said:
Disliking someone shouldn't disable your capacity for recognizing when their normal maladies are not part of the picture. If you don't celebrate those occurrences, rare as they may be, you are doomed to an eternity of self-imposed dissatisfaction.
Oh, I appreciate them not interfering with From Software's work. I just wish they offered the same thing other developers, Platinum or not. It doesn't change the fact of screwing others over bullshit DLC, MicroTransX, or loot boxes, and them claiming they're "broke" or "games need this to survive". Or making a trilogy with only one of the games on the actual fucking disc. I will not fall for crocodile tears. Once again, I despise the unholy trinity. So for me to shut up and accept is a no no. I'll buy Sekiro, but only for me and From Software, not for Activision. This small goodwill does nothing or make up for any of the shit they pulled.

And I'll tell you what; I already am using your advice, and supporting developers/publisher that care about the content they put out. I am ending my part of the conversation here, as I don't want to get too off-topic.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
If Spyro and Spyro/crash bundle are any indication, Activision will go out of its way to ruin Sekiro before it even starts.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
viranimus said:
If Spyro and Spyro/crash bundle are any indication, Activision will go out of its way to ruin Sekiro before it even starts.
Wait, what did they do with Spyro? I've heard nothing but good things about its remake.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Worgen said:
viranimus said:
Wait, what did they do with Spyro? I've heard nothing but good things about its remake.
The Spyro Trilogy only had the first game on the disc. Other two had to be digitally downloaded, even if you bought a physical copy. The Crash Trilogy was fine aside from lying about the game running at 60fps (all the trailers were running at that framrate) and the lengthy load times.