Will MW3 be the next CoD4

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
No, no, no, no and no.

It's going to be exactly the same as MW3, with some tweaked features that are overhyped and shown off as "new" or "exciting", the environments will be the same grey / brown warstricken environments and the mood will be exactly the same, boring and badly done.

Modern Warfare was fantastic.

This looks to follow in MW2's footsteps sadly...

Hope to be proven completely wrong by the way, and by no means am I right in what I say now, after all, the game isn't out yet.

Limecake

May 18, 2011
what I said the first time I heard about CoD4: "Wow a call of duty game that isn't based in world war 2? sounds kinda cool I'll check it out"

What I said the first time I heard about MW3: "Hey look another CoD game, I won't buy it though since I haven't been through a Call of Duty campaign since number 4"

so no it won't be the next CoD4, CoD4 was a breath of fresh air from the samey WW2 shooters that were being pumped out... it's too bad that it ushered in a new age of samey MODERN shooters instead.

and the story in CoD4 was great, I felt attached to the characters around me I wanted to see the story play out. All the other CoD games since have tried to pack the game with as many explosions and crashes through windows as possible, after a while it loses it's appeal.

also the multiplayer will be basically the same with maybe a large patch worth of content added (new maps, balancing of guns/killstreaks and a new way for people to draw boobs on their emblem DO NOT equal a new multiplayer experience) The survival thing sounds like at least a step in the right direction (even if it's a small one) however from the sounds of it ever game and their mother is going to have a survival mode this year.

Vankraken

Mar 30, 2010
Whats killing MW was the 20 yard knife range, almost zero penalty for run and gun, poor net coding, cluster f*** small maps, horrible respawns, kill streaks that basically handed out more kills like candy, and the constant spam of gold stars that breeds the sense of entitlement in its player base (which i think makes them more angry when they don't get there way or when people are getting in the way of there gold stars).

CoD4 was a lot better designed with proper maps that allowed for a better array of gameplay instead of only nade spam, knife running, and smg/shotgun/famas run and gun (it doesn't matter which gun you use because they all handled basically the same). I stopped buying CoD games when i played MW2, the only redeeming thing about that game is spec ops.

With that being said i think that the sales of MW2 and BO tell the devs that they need to keep making face paced, idiot friendly gameplay that shower rewards, and gives kills to whoever abuses the game mechanics the most instead of rewarding team play, smart thinking, or heaven forbid actual skill.

On a side note competitive BO is a joke when you see videos when they get kills and the cross hairs are 15 feet behind the person but aim assist and poor coding says that is a kill. Competitive FPS like counter strike actually required the player to have the insane skill to pull off those perfectly aimed head shots at ridiculous speeds.

Yes i hate what CoD has become and its not because i feel that i have been wronged but that it sends the wrong message to the gaming industry telling them that its ok to make broken crap if it has all flash and no substance. Also that fan fiction levels of writing are acceptable for AAA titles.

Perryman93

Mar 27, 2009
According to Activision it will be much more like Cod 4 with more emphasis on gunplay that on wasting time with loads of overpowered killstreaks!

Nauticus

Jul 23, 2011
Oh another patch called a sequel?... Fun

Now Where is my bf3?..

Best regard /former cod4 whore

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
What's so good about CoD 4 anyway? What we need is another CoD 2, if anything. And, no, it will be neither.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
Zabriskie Point said:
No, it'll be more like MW2. Have you seen any trailers for the game? It looks exactly like MW2.
Yes, they used the same graphics as mw2. That means that instead of working a lot on the graphics they can focus on the gameplay and balance
They CAN focus on gameplay and balance, just because they have the capacity to do so does not necessarily mean they will.

And I doubt it will be anything like CoD 4, however it doesn't matter how good or bad it is, as long as there are truckloads of people who keep buying these games they're going to keep getting made. I never have a lot of money so I'm going to probably not buy this game, as it does seem quite a lot like MW2 which was shite. There will probably be no team play what so ever, people will be prostituting themselves for prestige and kills and someone will find a highly over powered gun, everyone will use it, and it will never get patched. Sounds like Cod.

However the battlefield game looks interesting as I have only ever played BF2 which was immensely fun with the whole tanks, planes and vehicles. Something the CoD development team should seriously consider.

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
Zabriskie Point said:
omega_peaches said:
Zabriskie Point said:
No, it'll be more like MW2. Have you seen any trailers for the game? It looks exactly like MW2.
Survival Mode wasn't in MW2.
Have you read fourzerotwo's twitter at all?
It sounds not exactly like MW2.
Adding a new game mode doesn't make them any less similar. Survival Mode is basically Nazi Zombies with soldiers instead of zombies.

And no, I don't read fourzerotwo's twitter, I barely follow COD at all.
If you're not interested then why did you start reading the post to begin with?

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Strange how people are taking the exact opposite stance on the difference between MW2 and MW3 than with L4D and L4D2, despite both of them having a similar amount of new things in the sequel. If anything, Left 4 Dead 2 changed more.

So no, CoD is a tired franchise and Activision have realised a similar thing most retail companies have these days. They can push the limits of what a customer will put up with to get more money. All they do is release another one each year with barely any changes but a lot of talk about changes and earn another billion quid and make another best selling game.

I think you can tell I'm not a Call of Duty fan.

tomme69

Dec 13, 2009
I stopped caring a long time ago
there is only so many times you can get away
release the same game

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
It won't. Pure and simple, it shall not. Cod 4 was a masterpiece, but infinity ward are now way too proud and smug to think about making effort.

DesertHawk

Jul 18, 2008
No, it will be just another CoD. If Activision is content to push CoD as the Madden of first person shooters, that is their choice. People keep buying Madden year in and year out, and there are those who will do the same for CoD. Personally, I don't think they are allowing themselves the opportunity to evolve the series in any meaningful way. All they've done for the past few years is crammed more 'stuff' into the same game that you've been playing since '07.

I'm not saying that CoD isn't fun, it's just that I think they could do so much more. It's a shame that Activision is holding the series back from taking risks in an effort to squeeze every last ounce of profitability out of it.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Get people to admit that their conceptions were wrong, and this older game could possibly be beat by a newer game in the series?

You're crazy man, no one's going to admit that.

Zabriskie Point

Nov 22, 2010
PissOffRoth said:
Zabriskie Point said:
omega_peaches said:
Zabriskie Point said:
Survival Mode wasn't in MW2.
Have you read fourzerotwo's twitter at all?
It sounds not exactly like MW2.
Adding a new game mode doesn't make them any less similar. Survival Mode is basically Nazi Zombies with soldiers instead of zombies.

And no, I don't read fourzerotwo's twitter, I barely follow COD at all.
If you're not interested then why did you start reading the post to begin with?
It's called "browsing."

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I think it'll just be the next COD game, very commercially popular but nothing special, just another yearly installment.

And though I have no interest in it or the series as a whole, I think they should call it by it's proper name which at this point would be:

Call of Duty 8: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 3