Will Pikmin ever return?

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011
Being possibly the only series made by Nintendo that I enjoyed I fear that the death of it may have came to soon. Well... We all don't want to see another Mario disaster, However the idea itself had so much potential. And it seemed like it was going on the right track. I enjoyed it. As the first introduced an interesting combination of survival. And for me at least empathy with the beings of this planet who needed my help to flourish in a harsh environment.

And the second not only improved upon the game but had a good reason why he should go back. The company was going broke he would lose a job so he tells them about the planet he had been marooned on and they send him with another to collect the materials they could sell to get the company back up.

Sure, It wasn't all realistic who would expect that from this game. But for me it was fun... But I don't see them making a pikmin 3

Anyone else wishing for the series to continue?

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
I would certainly like for them to continue. I loved Pikmin, and I still replay it occasionally to see if I can complete the game in very few days, my record is 14, and Pikmin 2 made an effort to expand the gameplay. I still enjoyed the first one more, but I'd like to see another sequel.

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011
Really?, I enjoyed in the seond the abilty to have the special Co-Op Missons. While yeah the firsts places were more varryed I guess?

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Yeah I also really enjoyed it, and would love to have a 3rd game. Though Nintendo would most likely screw it up.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Solo-Wing said:
Yeah I also really enjoyed it, and would love to have a 3rd game. Though Nintendo would most likely screw it up.
Or let a third party screw it up for them...

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
The first game was so much fun, and so original at the time. I would love to see a new one with decent Wii controls. I'd preorder it. No doubt.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Pikmin was, er, were in that recent Smash Brothers game. And I remember playing it at a friend's house once, it was pretty cool. I have a Wii, I might try to play it for real someday. It's not like anyhting else out there, though, so I don't think the industry wants to be that unique.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm surprised they haven't announced it for the 3DS. I think it would fit nicely on that platform.

KalosCast

Dec 11, 2010
They did, except they changed the main character into Sauron instead of an Astronaut and called it Overlord.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
But then Nintendo would milk it like they do ALL their franchises! /typicalEscapistresponsetoanythingNintendorelated

Serious: Hell yeah I'd like to see more Pikmin. The Wii even has a control setup that could benefit it, and the 3DS also has one with their touch screen and analog knob. It makes sense, so I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
I really hope it does. Pikmin's a really good franchise, and I really want to go back to raising my Pikmin again. A man can only play Pikmin 2 so many times...

AnimatedAmbiguity

Mar 28, 2011
Was wondering the exact same thing not too long ago myself. The originals were such curious pieces of gaming that relied on teamwork and micro-management to a fine degree. Moreover, playing your cards right really made all the difference in a fight! Also, I loved the feeling of urgency the first title provided with its day-by-day timer as well! Never did get a chance to try the 2nd game, however.

I guess what I'm trying to say is yes, the series is worth continuing. If only to see what else could be done with its mechanics.

Aluminum76

Jan 12, 2011
I really enjoyed the Pikmin series, but I don't know how they could build upon the last game. Olimar found the planet, he saved his company...now what?

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
They've been saying a pikmin game is in development for a while now, it's just that it has a small dev team.

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
Wikipedia said:
The game was not shown at E3 2009 or 2010, but Miyamoto confirmed in June 2010 that the game was indeed still in development
I'm sorry, what did you say?

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
I would like to point out that it would be dumb of them not to make one
as pikmin has a large fan base as shown by all the fan art nintendo power shows for it
also I am guessing if them do make one it will be 3DS as the 3DS comes with special cards and one happens to have pikmin on it