Will they just put Metriod to rest...

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Quiet Stranger said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I hope not. It's my favorite Nintendo series. Zelda and Mario games lack SPACE JUMP.

It's going uphill, imo. Well, uphill considering that everything after Super Metroid isn't as good, but the Prime series is fantasic. And don't judge "Other M" until its out.
Just like how everything after Link to The Past isn't as good (well good but not original)

Also Space Jump?
Ignore the commentary, look for the multijump spin of death at 0:10.

Lt.Snuffles

Apr 12, 2010
Legion IV said:
Lt.Snuffles said:
I thought that Metroid prime 2 and Hunters was good (expecialy the multiplayer), but Corruption was a terrible game, It was incredibly boring to play, it was too gimmicky, the wii controls did not suit it in any way and the lack of multiplayer was shooting itself in the foot.
I hope Nintendo stop because it is only going to get worse.
This is metriod i hope you understand its not halo. Metriod never needed multiplayer period.
I understand that Metroid 3 is not Halo. I know this because Halo is good. And it had decent levels.
Metroid Hunter's multiplayer was excellent and that is why i hold it in such high regard, but the single player, however good, would not have kept me interested in it for as long as it did. I understand that Metroid is less about shooting then halo and more about puzzles, but the levels in Metroid 3 were far too confusing and repetative which made the puzzles, not so much hard but just irritating. So the single player did not stand out at all, but i thought that at least a local multiplayer option should have been included because as a single player game, Metroid prime 3 is no way near as good as any of the other metroid games.

magikltrevr

Mar 18, 2010
I have obviously not been paying attention to my games recently. This thread is the only reason I even knew about Other M. *goes to finish Prime 3 because I never did*

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Stoic raptor said:
Legion IV said:
Xzi said:
The entire Metroid Prime series was freaking brilliant. Pick any one of the three and it's ten times better than CoD MW/MW2. There's no reason to get pessimistic until they release a bad game in the Metroid series. Sure hasn't happened yet. Hell, they could make a 2.5d Metroid game similar to Shadow Complex and it would be great.
Metriod is 100x better then that garbage Half life 2. Just because i hate half life with a passion dosent mean its a bad game...
Do you want to light this thread on fire?!
Probably.

... although I love Half Life more on the whole, I will say that Gordon stands no friggin chance in a match against Samus x3

I'm working through the Metroid series myself, and so far I've been happy, and I'm looking forward to The Other M's release. I would like to see where it goes after Fusion though, it's a tad annoying when companies just remake old games or add filler.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Lt.Snuffles said:
I thought that Metroid prime 2 and Hunters was good (expecialy the multiplayer), but Corruption was a terrible game, It was incredibly boring to play, it was too gimmicky, the wii controls did not suit it in any way and the lack of multiplayer was shooting itself in the foot.
I hope Nintendo stop because it is only going to get worse.
multiplayer in Echoes was absolute shit. I'm glad they got rid of it for Curruption.

not doing so would have been stupid.

It'd be cool with co-op, sure, as they've introduced NPC's(poorly done as they may be)

Darkenwrath

Apr 12, 2010
It's nintendo and Samus is a recognizable character, they'll bring out Metroid: Olympic Games and all sorts of other tie-ins, re-runs, and sequel after sequel before they even think "Wait a minute maybe... maybe we should make something new?"

Before you flame me, I would like to point out mario and sonic at the olympic games... no one can run faster than sonic, especially not the fat italian plumber.

Don't worry, there'll be all sorts of crazee! new Metroid games.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
I'm actually really looking forward to Other M. I've seen the screenshots and I think it is going to be kind of nostalgic for me to go back to a sidescroller type game.

But obviously things can be done to death. I thought Super Mario Galaxy was really pushing the limits of that franchise. I hope I'm not as bored with Other M as I was with that.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Am I strange in saying I honestly wouldn't mind more Remakes of Metroid games? I want a colour version of Metroid 2, damnit!

Also, Other M is going to kick ASS.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Sephychu said:
Am I strange in saying I honestly wouldn't mind more Remakes of Metroid games? I want a colour version of Metroid 2, damnit!

Also, Other M is going to kick ASS.
There's a fan-made remake, actually. http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Meh, I'm up for the idea of them trying somthing new. Sure Super Metriod was great but whats the point of just remaking the same game over and over again and only changing the level design? Experiment try somthing new. If it sucks, then try somthing else.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I agree completely. To be perfectly honest, I felt the ending to Super Metroid felt very conclusive with no left over plot threads. The Metroids were extinct, the Space Pirates were destroyed for good (the whole fucking planet blew up, I'd don't think they'll be coming back after that), where else could the series go from there? Well apparently Nintendo found a way.
While I did enjoy Metroid Prime (the first one, the other two where kinda meh) I really didn't like Metroid Fusion. That whole business with the X seemed rather contrived to me.
I'm not sure what to make of this "Other M", aside from the fact that the subtitle is seriously lacking.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I've only really played Prime 1, 2, and Corruption and I thought they were all really good games...

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
As much as I would love to see another game in the spirit of Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion, I hardly consider the series to be going "downhill." The recent games are still fantastic. Just because they're not making the kind of game you want them to doesn't mean the series is going downhill.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Simply put, they're not gonna put Metroid to rest. It's one of Nintendo's most acclaimed franchises, if not most successful, and I doubt they'll stop making it because they tied up the loose ends to a rather basic storyline. Remember, they can always pit Samus against a new foe if need be, so that's a pretty silly excuse to not make anymore games.

Also, Metroid: Zero Mission was a pretty good game (if short), and the more I see of Other M, the more I want to play it.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
I think "Other M" looks pretty good. I think the only thing that bothers me is giving the game characters voice actors. Kind of ruins the feeling of the previous games.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I really need to get my hands on a wii and play the prime games because I looooooove metroid. And I'll tell you when it's ready to die.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I thought fusion was pretty cool and a true sequel to the series. I played it from start to finish and really enjoyed this game. I'd like to see a continuation from that point actually.