Will you buy a ps3?

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
This is kind of late but its still search bar aproved for some odd reason.

Now that the ps3 slim has been announced along with a price drop, I expect to see a good increase in sales. I think, and dont hold me too it, its the same price as a 360? Either that or its $50 more expensive. Sony is really giving it all they got in the next few months. Streching from December to march of next year, they are releasing:

Littlebigplanet (game of the year edition comes with all the dlc too date.)
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time
White Nite Chronicales
Uncharted 2
God Of War 3
Heavy Rain
Buzz Quiz World (This is actually, verry fun. I know. Suprising)
MAG
Edit: Eye pet! Just found out its in november!

The following exclusives have no release date.

Agent (Rockstar ps3 project)
The Agency
DC universe online
Mod nation Racers
The last gaurdian (team ico project)
Ps3 motion controller
Final Fantasy versus 13
Final Fantasy 14
Untitled Socom (Thought I heard something about a new socom back near e3)
Resistance 3 (yup. http://www.destructoid.com/confirmed-insomniac-games-is-making-a-videogame-144624.phtml)

Are you going to buy a slim now that they have taken off $100.

I realize this whole list I made Sounds VERRY fanboyish but I really would like too see more people buy the ps3 and stop a little more hate.

Oh and here is the seal of aproval

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Is LBP GOTY out already?

I bought a PS3 recently I get it on the 1st of next month.

It's not the best system ever but its nice. I've played my friends.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
No. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars when I already have a 360 and Wii which I enjoy (both of them). I'm on a budget, and I'd rather spend my money on games for something than on a system, in which after buying I won't have money for games.

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
I'm at a maybe myself. If I got a job I'd consider it more, but overall I'm just not too hyped at this gens consoles.

Oh, and FF14 is on PC and rumor has it Xbox 360 from recently. As an afterthought on your exclusives.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
I have an original, so no Slim for me :D
Unless It's a gift, etc.

RemoteControlRox

Aug 24, 2009
A version of LBP with all of the current DLC? I will be sad if it costs the same as the original version.

And, uh... well, I already have a PS3. One of the (now very few) backwards compatible ones. So I suppose that more or less answers that question.

Resistance 3 has been confirmed? This makes me happy. I'll be interested to see how they improve on 2.

You_have_a_name

Feb 25, 2009
i mite of for killzone, resistance 2, uncharted 2 and lbp mainly but my mum and dad would have a go at me for wasting money because i already have a 360 and a wii and i only have couple of mates who go on ps3 when most of me mates have an xbox, And theirs no room in me room for one

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
RemoteControlRox said:
A version of LBP with all of the current DLC? I will be sad if it costs the same as the original version.

And, uh... well, I already have a PS3. One of the (now very few) backwards compatible ones. So I suppose that more or less answers that question.

Resistance 3 has been confirmed? This makes me happy. I'll be interested to see how they improve on 2.
I just looked.

It's 59.99 and comes out in early september (the 9th I believe) :).

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
theultimateend said:
RemoteControlRox said:

I just looked.

When I say dlc, I mean all the sticker collections, Metal gear Sack, costumes, etc. Everything LBP.

Finnboghi

Oct 23, 2008
I must say it is more appealing now, but the issue for me is that LittleBig Planet is the only game on PS3 that I find enticing.

Perhaps if it had more variety in the games as opposed to generic FPS #137 and Final Fantasy Googleplex, I would purchase it, but for now the Wii, 360 and my gaming rig give me everything I need to have fun.

So no, I'm not going to get it, despite the price drop.

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
Perhaps if my 360 broke but i'm happy with my 360 and wouldn't change, also I thought FF14 was on the xbox as well, or is my xbox lying to me with trailers on the market place???

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
Darkness62 said:
the FAILBox 360
I'm not saying To bash the 360. I love my xbox. I'm not saying "OMfg Ps# Killllls Gaybox!!!111"

I just hate how people still bash on the ps3 for things like price.

Dont turn fanboy.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
happysock said:
Perhaps if my 360 broke but i'm happy with my 360 and wouldn't change, also I thought FF14 was on the xbox as well, or is my xbox lying to me with trailers on the market place???
Trailers on the marketplace? I never saw any. You probubly saw ff13.

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
This
Radeonx said:
No. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars when I already have a 360 and Wii which I enjoy (both of them). I'm on a budget, and I'd rather spend my money on games for something than on a system, in which after buying I won't have money for games.
And this
NoMoreSanity said:
No, all the games I want are either on the 360 or both PS3 and 360. The PS3 has no interesting games for me at the moment.
(Sorry for quoting you and filling up yer boxes, but you two said exactly was I was gonna say)

And I have a perfectly fine gaming computer. No need for a PS3.

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
wrecker77 said:
happysock said:
Trailers on the marketplace? I never saw any. You probubly saw ff13.
O might have been but have just been checking articles on the internet and apparently 360 is getting it too :S

RemoteControlRox

Aug 24, 2009
wrecker77 said:
theultimateend said:
RemoteControlRox said:

I just looked.

When I say dlc, I mean all the sticker collections, Metal gear Sack, costumes, etc. Everything LBP.
Aw, sad. If I'd known this would happen...

...All right, so I still probably would have bought LittleBigPlanet. But I would have had to make a decision. I suppose it's too much to hope for that they'll make some of the DLC free after the GOTY edition.