Will you or have you bought "Beyond Good and Evil HD"

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
This awesome game is FINALLY out of Xbox Live Arcade!!! I've waited for this for so long I nearly wet myself crying. I'm pretty sure Jesus Himself authorized this cause all I can say is Holy Crap!

http://beyond-good-and-evil.ubi.com/beyond-good-and-evil-hd/en-GB/buy-now/

Will you buy this game? Have you always heard it's a good game but never owned a gamecube? Your thoughts...

PseudoDuck

Bacon Robot
Oct 18, 2009
I had it for the original Xbox. I've bought the HD version on XBLM but haven't started playing it yet (gonna finish DA2 first)

I'll always remember it as a game where finding everything wasn't a chore. In the time before achievements I wanted to get photos of everything just for the sake of it, not for my gamerscore.

Also...

The boss fight with inverted controls almost made me destroy my controller.

Levi93

Oct 26, 2009
I never played the original but have heard great things about it so I'll will be picking it up sometime.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
They aren't re-releasing it in HD on PC, so I guess I'll stick to the Gametap edition, thanks.

Marmal4de

Apr 4, 2010
I heard about it when it first came out but I never got to play it. I was really happy when they released it on XBLA because of all the great things I had heard about it. I bought it a few days ago and don't regret it, so far it seems like a great game that I wish young me could have played.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
I have the original , the dub (although really good) annoyed me a bit so never finished it.
Bought the HD version (language can be changed thank heavens) and played it until i got DA 2 >.<

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I bought it the day it came out and beat it a few days later. It was a wonderful game. If the sequel gets made (which it is in development of sorts, but Ubisoft is looking at how the HD release sells to determine whether they will officially announce it), I hope they add a little more to the combat.

It was surprisingly fun just wondering around looking for animals to snap photos of.

PseudoDuck said:
I flipped the controller around for it and it worked like a charm.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
DustyDrB said:
I bought it the day it came out and beat it a few days later. It was a wonderful game. If the sequel gets made (which it is in development of sorts, but Ubisoft is looking at how the HD release sells to determine whether they will officially announce it), I hope they add a little more to the combat.

It was surprisingly fun just wondering around looking for animals to snap photos of.

PseudoDuck said:
I flipped the controller around for it and it worked like a charm.

I...Didn't think of that... Damn, It would make my life much easier...

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I liked the Gamescube version and foolishly traded it in. So yes, I will be buying this, if Ubisoft ever get around to releasing it for the PS3.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I got it on the day it was released.
I had it years ago, but got completely stuck so traded it in. After a while I wish I hadn't, but couldn't find it again. Then, lo and behold, a re-release.
I was one happy bunny.
Now I'm just stuck on a different part, but at least I've got it back.

Fingers crossed the sequel doesn't become an "Episode 3".

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Is it coming out for the PS3? If not I'll just get the Cube version since it's cheaper.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Tiswas said:
Is it coming out for the PS3? If not I'll just get the Cube version since it's cheaper.
Yes, later this year. Some websites say March 30th, but I don't know how right that is.

retrofish18

Jan 23, 2011
I'm tempted to buy it. The only problem is I already own it on steam. The only problem with that is that my computer isn't working very well right now and won't play games. So I might buy it again.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
I never got what the big deal was. It seemed a good enough game, but I've watched people play it and seen video reviews enough to notice 2 ever-present motifs:

1. Lack of originality and thorough basis of mechanics on Ocarina of Time

2. The presence in the soundtrack of whoever's playing/review talking nonstop about how incredible the game is/coupled with truly underwhelming gameplay/presentation.

Also, I know that as the games companies get bigger the artistry is further removed from the overall process, buried under so many layers of beaurocratic bullshit and business grads who don't understand their audience, but can we please put a stop to calling these sequels and remakes ___ HD? I understand that it's on a high-def system. But it just sounds gimmicky and stupid. It sounds like some dumbass suit at EA (or in this case, Rare) named it.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I would if they released it on PC. I would buy the hell out of it.

Librarian Mike

May 16, 2008
I picked it up a couple of years ago on GOG, so I won't be getting the new version. I highly recommend this game however.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'll wait for the PS3 version, my HDD is a lot bigger for that one. But someone convince me to get this!