Windows 11 is out!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
But to be put on an extremest list for wanting to use Linux...?
One hopes that that gives you 5 extremist points or something, and when you hit 100 they look at you. Cause otherwise they'd be swamped with useless information.

I mean, I suspect they are anyway, but still.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
But to be put on an extremest list for wanting to use Linux...?
Its more likely that some algorithm found that tracked targets tended to go there and just automatically added it to a list.

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
What I did was install Open Shell and ExplorerPatcher to make it look like Win 7.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Especially as I have an OLED monitor that is susceptible to screen burn in, I want to auto hide my task bar. Every time I power up my PC, I need to make this selection again. Not deadly as I typically just put my PC to sleep. Now that I know it is doing this, takes 30 sec. to correct but it is aggravating.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Better Microsoft than these cheapskate price-gorgers.

Apple is stingy and over-priced for their upgrades, absolutely. But when the hell did 128GB become not enough for a typical user? "Apps bloating to 10GB" that article says... The fuck kind of apps are people putting on there that are that big? Unless they're games that's more than a little misleading if you ask me. I'd be happy to be proven wrong however

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Apple is stingy and over-priced for their upgrades, absolutely. But when the hell did 128GB become not enough for a typical user? "Apps bloating to 10GB" that article says... The fuck kind of apps are people putting on there that are that big? Unless they're games that's more than a little misleading if you ask me. I'd be happy to be proven wrong however
Photos, and videos. Plus like Genshin Impact itself is 46gbs. Honkai: Star Rail is 18.52.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Photos, and videos. Plus like Genshin Impact itself is 46gbs. Honkai: Star Rail is 18.52.
Which are both games, the thing I mentioned specifically due to the fact they are, in all likelihood, big. Otherwise, I have yet to see a regular app that size, and I'd be surprised to see one