Windows 8 Store to Offer Developers A (Slightly) Better Deal

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
My biggest complaint about this is that it will invariably mean that the centralized third-party-app update system that every OS should have by now (and none do, besides Android and iOS) will only work for apps purchased through this store, just like on the Mac.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
noahpocalypse said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
An Xbox front end to Windows? I wonder where that's heading...

Remember guys, odd ones good, even ones bad. This is the next Vista. Windows 9 will be good again.
You make it sound as if Windows 7 was good. Well, maybe their 'professional' version was, but what I got on my Netbook- the 'Starter Edition'- was terrible and horrible. It took about a minute to log in, and that's after booting up the OS. Now that I have Ubuntu on it, I can be somewhat productive.
Because your computer was slow running the Starter Edition doesn't make all editions bad. If you have a slow computer, all OS's are going to run slow.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Blargh McBlargh said:
Anyone else hating the Windows 8 UI? :/
Yes. It seems backwards, if anything I want my phone to look like my PC desktop, not the other way around.

After XP, I no longer have the desire to upgrade Windows every few years, I used XP from 2001 until 2010. Skipped Vista and I will probably skip this. I used to upgrade every time a new version came out. I bought Windows 98 as soon as it launched and Windows ME a year later and then XP a year after that.

I intend to run Windows 7 for no less than 5 years.