Wisdom Teeth

Stoplesteimer

Jun 4, 2009
Alright guys, I've just had my wisdom teeth ripped out so I'm going to be laid up in bed for a good while boring myself to death.
So my question to my fellow Escapist is this; what in all of creation should I do? Remember, I can only do it from the comfort of my couch.

No go forth, and do my bidding!

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Well, you could browse 9gag...Reddit...1mut...

Or, go through an entire series you've been meaning to watch/work your way through a set of films?

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
You can't sit on the couch and play videogames? You're on the internet right now so hang around these forums and chat for a bit or head to a different site you like. When I'm bored I tend to watch anime and craft shit. Not that I ever finish anything but I have several blank plushies ready to be made into characters and started some poptab chainmail.

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
Had all four of mine pulled out at once. Feels bad bro.

usmarine4160 said:
Fapping helps with the boredom ;)
Does it ever <.<

[sub][sub]Moo! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE&feature=related][/sub][/sub]

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I stayed in bed and alternated between watching season one of the Muppets (which my family had coincidentally bought not long before) and sleeping. I did go off the good painkillers as soon as the pain was manageable enough to switch to ibuprofen, but that's because narcotics do nothing for me aside from making me sleepy, and it was a drowsiness that I didn't especially appreciate; I tend to sleep when I'm injured anyway, I didn't need the chemical fog to do it.

Long story short, rest up, watch TV, read, play videogames, or participate in pretty much any other activity you can enjoy while in bed. The important thing, though, is rest; you just had surgery, and you need recovery time like you do from any other sort of surgery.

CATB320

Jan 30, 2011
My boyfriend just got his removed! As far as I know, he's just been watching Netflix and speedruns on YouTube. And napping.

Stay strong, buddy. Doesn't sound like there's much you can do.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Watch LPs on youtube and speedruns on twitchtv. Thats what I do when I don't feel good.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I got a couple of wisdom teeth removed awhile ago, as well as a rogue tooth. I spent that day watching Gurren Laggan and eating pudding....
Maybe you could try that?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
People stay "laid up" in bed after having their wisdom teeth pulled out? REALLY? I had mine pulled out when I was in high school and I went back to class about 2 hours after it happened, and was back to running cross country the next day (the second part did not go well, ended up having to spit out a mouth-full of blood every few minutes during the 10 mile run).

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
People stay "laid up" in bed after having their wisdom teeth pulled out? REALLY? I had mine pulled out when I was in high school and I went back to class about 2 hours after it happened, and was back to running cross country the next day (the second part did not go well, ended up having to spit out a mouth-full of blood every few minutes during the 10 mile run).
You had them pulled. Some of us aren't as lucky, and actually have to have them cut out. The recovery is at least as unpleasant as you would imagine. Instead of spitting out the occasional mouthful of blood, my first memory after going under the anasthesia is being at home and puking up the contents of my stomach, which mostly consisted of swallowed blood and stomach acid.

Stoplesteimer

Jun 4, 2009
Thanks for all your responses, and I will put them to good use. Just got Xam'd qued up on Hulu.

it turns out that the painkillers knocked me right out, so I've not needed your help just yet :)