Wish Me Luck UPDATE

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
So I broke my arm in the shower and am currently recovering from the operation to fix it. This thread is for wishing me luck on my recovery. I just could really use the support.

UPDATE: So, I've had my operation, got a splint and what resembled a ball and chain full of nerve dullers, and am home. Now I've had the ball and chain removed.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Hope it goes well. For how often I injure myself, I have never actually broken anything but I imagine it sucks.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Ha! You do not need luck, you need to show the world what a real man you are. You are going to climb back into a shower, does not need to be the same one, and break the other arm. You are then going to run through the streets naked into the woods, get lost, then reset the arm, realise you just re-broke the first arm, reset that arm, reset the right arm... or was it the left?

Does a bear shit in the woods after a tree made a sound?!

Upon completion of this world altering task you find your way out of the woods after flowing upstream on a raft made of human dummies, both ways. After reaching civilization you can turn your world altering experience into a movie script and book drawn out for dramatic effect where your roll will be played by Christopher Walken. Upon your eventual deathbed you finally reveal the answer to the age old question and upon doing so through sheer force of will you will remain alive as long as needed to experience all of the changes to society you have wrought. For better or for worse.

Hehe, hope I made you laugh. Get better soon.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Well that stinks. Feel better soon. And since you asked:

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
My bro broke his arm riding his bike. He made it about 30 feet out the door before he somehow tripped himself up on the forward handlebars and threw himself forward in the middle of the street thus breaking his arm.

But at least he broke his technically doing a sports-related thing. How the heck did you manage to break your arm in the shower? Bent too far trying to reach that spot on your back? Or just the classic slip on the soap? Good luck figuring it out.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Best of luck man, I feel your pain. Like, literally even. I'm in the same situation but seven months down the line.

Word of advice; don't be afraid to ask for a second opinion. I'm increasingly convinced that my orthopedist is either lax or so overworked that he got lax. It was only a minor fracture, I'd be fine in a few weeks.

Seven months of constant aching and hundreds of euros worth of physical therapy, scans and orthopedic appointments later and I'm still not even remotely recovered enough. I might need an operation as well, which we'll see in september. Worst of all? I might never practice archery again. After one stupid little fracture.

So yeah, if you have a hunch something ain't right; get a new doctor to take a look at it, make a new appointment, anything. Better safe than sorry.
MHR said:
How the heck did you manage to break your arm in the shower?
Could be worse. A neighbor of an old friend of mine straight up died after a simple trip & slip. All it takes is landing the wrong way.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Your wishes of luck have been sent and should arrive within 2-3 business days. A tall, dark, hooded stranger will come in 10-20 years to collect your firstborn as payment. Best regards, Hell Inc.

Seriously though, hope your recovery goes well.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Keoul said:
So how'd ya break your arm in the shower?
Took one step into the shower, stepped wrong somehow, foot slips out to the side, I flail trying to get purchase to stop falling, catch elbow on rim, weight comes down on elbow, snap.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
Shit hope you have a quick and full recovery.
Least now you have an excuse to be lazy and watch some movies.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
Well, hopefully you will recover 100%. Around May last year I fainted twice in the shower and I've had an annoying pain in my back ever since. It comes and goes, there's nothing I can do about it.