Witcher 3 + details leaked!! (Updated with Trailer)

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
Akratus said:
Anathrax said:
Akratus said:
Anathrax said:
As long as it isn't showered in cleavage and nudity. I know it's supposed to be a mature game but that made it feel childish.
Every single thread is doomed to have a comment on the sex in Witcher games, huh? And the comments are doomed to be wrong. An optional and minor element taken from the books does not dampen the maturity of the games.
Was simply a personal opinion. If it's optional I'm fine with it. If it's shoved in my face and is present everywhere I can't enjoy it. I've watched a friend play the witcher for a while, and I've seen the Angry Joe review, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
The character of Geralt is established to be handsome and please the ladies. So it's natural in that regard. But besides that, the romantic encounters in The Witcher 2 are one forced one at the beginning (It's only implied. Geralt wakes up in bed with Triss) and the opportunity to respond to flirty dialogue once in a while, with an obvious dialogue option that leads to the romantic scenes.
So it's not always forced aside from one or two cutscenes? Might be interested...

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
It's a shame it'll be mostly available only on PC... I don't have a PC nearly capable to play this game...

Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles
As in I'm pretty much guaranteed to own SOMETHING that can play this game?
I love you CD Projekt...

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Eclipse Dragon said:
It's a shame it'll be mostly available only on PC... I don't have a PC nearly capable to play this game...

I love you CD Projekt...
Doubtful. As the game is probably going to be released in 2014 (I say probably because it could be later, not sooner), a top-of-the-line console is a next gen console. I could be wrong. I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Adam Jensen said:
Eclipse Dragon said:

I love you CD Projekt...
Doubtful. As the game is probably going to be released in 2014 (I say probably because it could be later, not sooner), a top-of-the-line console is a next gen console. I could be wrong. I wouldn't mind being wrong.
I wasn't really talking about currently. I know it will most likely be on a next gen console, but more options means I'm not stuck with choosing the console this game decides to exclusively come out on. Instead I can choose the system I prefer and look forward to being able to purchase this regardless.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
A Smooth Criminal said:
I just PRAY TO GOD they don't have a fast travel like Skyrim... If the scenery is going to be vast and interesting, I don't want to miss it all due to the fast travel...

Peter Molyneux's breadcrumb trail was annoying, however he went in the right idea with that kind of thing.
I'm not a fan of Fast Travel either but I find its impact on me to be minimal, I instead choose to not use it at all except from a town to any location directly along main roads. (I consider that fair, I just pretend that I got a cart ride to those locations)

It'd be nice if games did implement those sorts of features for people like us who don't like fast travel though, so we could see the carts travellng along the main roads and perhaps hitch a ride.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Draech said:
Everything is sounding and looking pretty dang sweet.

I cant help to be a bit erie when they start talking Open World and Skyrim, in the same way I felt uncomfortable when it was brought into the Dragon Age conversation. Everything doesn't work well in an open world game and I felt that the Witcher so far had done really well with its gated exploration build.

That being said the whole idea of monster hunting seems perfect to the open world setting, so I very interested to see where this ends up.
Unfortunately for those who didn't care for it, Skyrim sold like a billion trillion copies, so everyone is looking at it with green eyed envy. Hopefully doubling the team size and going all-in will help them make the transition to a large open world without sacrificing too much narrative integrity. The Witcher world won't have ES's sandbox "choose your own adventure" quality, so it won't get some of the passes a game like Skyrim does.

For my own part I loved Skyrim and I loved Witcher 2, albeit for very different reasons, so this is like having someone come to the house and tell me I can have all the tacos and ice cream I want. I'm pretty excited. Wary...but excited.

A Smooth Criminal said:
I just PRAY TO GOD they don't have a fast travel like Skyrim... If the scenery is going to be vast and interesting, I don't want to miss it all due to the fast travel...
Then don't fast travel! Fast travel breaks Elder Scrolls games. I just don't use it. The moment I stopped fast traveling was the moment Oblivion and FO3 went from being disappointing punts to completely engrossing experiences.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
BloatedGuppy said:
For my own part I loved Skyrim and I loved Witcher 2, albeit for very different reasons, so this is like having someone come to the house and tell me I can have all the tacos and ice cream I want.
Would you like some chocolate with your peanut butter?

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I've read that this will be CD Projekt's last Witcher game. I'm guessing they're letting license lapse after this. Pity, as I've enjoyed the series. I hope they give it a good sendoff.

Like, I hope it doesn't end with a bunch of weird exposition delivered by a phantasmal tot.

Just sayin'.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
BloatedGuppy said:
Like, I hope it doesn't end with a bunch of weird exposition delivered by a phantasmal tot.
The funny thing is, if they had made Geralt
feel sad about Alvin
during Witcher 2 and continued that to Witcher 3, that kind of a scene could actually make sense

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Looks very promising if not extremely ambitious. I'd like to enthusiastically say this will be a day one purchase but I don't want to buy in to the hype so quickly.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
BloatedGuppy said:
I've read that this will be CD Projekt's last Witcher game. I'm guessing they're letting license lapse after this. Pity, as I've enjoyed the series. I hope they give it a good sendoff.

Just sayin'.
See it like this. Unlike other francises I will not name here they know when to stop. When enough is enough and they should instead move on to something else. Rather than continuing on and on long after the creativity for the franchise had run out resulting in worse and worse games each time.

Sep 14, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
I hope that making the game open world doesn't hurt it. One of the things I loved about Witcher 2 was that it wasn't open world, and that allowed everything from each chapter to take place in an extremely dense and richly crafted location.

It felt a little more grounded in reality, since there were such huge distances covered. Instead, everything was based around a hub and its immediate surrounding areas.

I worry that the Open world will mean MAKE THE ENTIRE COUNTRY REALLY REALLY SMALL like Skyrim did, with Whiterun being a couple houses and one big building.

And please, for the love of god, no "TAKE A QUEST FROM ONE PERSON AND GO TO THE OBJECTIVE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FUCKING MAP" quests.
this for the love of god.

as much as open world can be great, and breathtaking, witcher 2 was great with making each "hub" lively and immersive as fuck, just because i couldn't go everywhere and check under every single rock, didn't make it any less enjoyable, i was deeply enthralled the whole game through and i'm hoping that doesn't change in the witcher 3

(which it seems like it won't, CD projekt red have yet to let me down and i loved what i was hearing in that trailer.)

can't wait to hear more about it

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Akratus said:
Anathrax said:
As long as it isn't showered in cleavage and nudity. I know it's supposed to be a mature game but that made it feel childish.
Every single thread is doomed to have a comment on the sex in Witcher games, huh? And the comments are doomed to be wrong. An optional and minor element taken from the books does not dampen the maturity of the games.
At the risk of starting a flame war...I like the Witcher games but it does shove tits in your face a bit too much for my taste and I do think it harms the maturity of the series. I wouldn?t mind if they toned it down a little. On Roche?s path its fine. Iorveths path however I think they went overboard.
The first time you go to see Philippa you get the suggestive massage scene with her Cynthia, the second time you her walk in to find her in nothing but a towel wiping a half naked Cynthia and then just in case you?ve forgotten for half a second she likes woman more than men, her magic ritual with Saskia involves a kiss while dwarves snicker in the background about ?lesbomancy?. In contrast to this Deathmold and his lover are presented to be as disgusting as possible and he is
castrated by Roche following a scene where he acts like every negative gay stereotype which...has some rather unfortunate implications. However I?m going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it wasn?t intentional
One of the dreams the harpies took is of course a peasant fantasizing about Saskia and one of the side quest just so happens to revolve around a succubus. Oh and it seems even female scoia'tael unit commanders fight in lose fitting, plunging neckline tops rather than gambesons (oddly one female in the background of a scene dose have a gambeson but the one you can talk to and the commander of the wraith killing unit don?t).
With the enhanced edition you met Cynthia again in act 3 and Geralt upon seeing her has a flashback to her half naked.
She is willing to risk torture and death by betraying her partner and country because she ?likes? Geralt (I?m going to assume she was lying and actually wanted him dead for her own ambition because that is retarded) and you can then fuck her. Never mind the fact that she handed Triss over to be tortured.
Fortunately that one is optional but the situation absurd and I wish it hadn?t been there.

That said Geralt ends up half naked in chains twice and Iorveths dream seemed like fanservice too so its not all one sided but I don't really like too much fansevice regardless of gender.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
That music sounds great! The 2nd one I believe will take place in a tavern, sounds very appropriate. The first one sounds like it will be some dramatic cutscene music. Maybe one of the Nilfgaardian war scenes. Has too much of a slow buildup for it be gameplay battle music. In any case I like it, the chanting beneath the music is awesome.

No real surprise here though, the first two games had superb soundtracks, no reason for this not too.