Witcher 3 Dev Creates Semi-Official Witcher 2 Mod

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Lookie what I found:

Hope I don't get in trouble for linking, this is a download for the mod from a non-CDPR mirror.

Link in spoiler.
http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/files/mods/TW2_FCR.zip

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
God dammit! Everytime I manage to say "Okay, I'm done with The Witcher 2" they come around and release awesome new stuff.
CDPR is to blame for half my backlog.

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
Abomination said:
Lookie what I found:

Hope I don't get in trouble for linking, this is a download for the mod from a non-CDPR mirror.

Link in spoiler.
http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/files/mods/TW2_FCR.zip
Thanks bud, totally appreciate you uploading this.... unless it turns out to be some virus -_-

I totally love the guys at cd projekt red, I mean smallish company making fantastic games, and continuely supports it. When the company itself wants to move on to a new game, their staff is so passionate about their game that they do it on their own spare time to make Witcher 2 into an even better game. Hats off to these guys, no drm, free dlc, and great games. Shining example how the big companies should do things

Update: That download is the real deal. Cheers Abom

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
"Added strafing while being locked on an enemy and walking."
Why this was not in the game from start I do not know. So much rolling...
This calls for replay!

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Someone needs to play the piss out of this mod and get back to me whether or not I should play Witcher 2 out of the gates with the mod or not. It's in my backlog, just haven't got to it yet.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Damn you for making me go and play the game for the 6th time! *sarcasm*

Fine, you win, I will. Going to my GoG account to download it now.

Tragedy's Rebellion

Feb 21, 2010
These guys are truly awesome! Too bad the Witcher games bore me excruciatingly much. Even though I don't like the games I'm a fan of the developer just because they do stuff like this and all other cool things, like the enhanced edition being free etc.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Rickin10 said:
Any chance of this coming to the 360?
Sadly there is no sign of such a thing. That's what happens when you own games on the XBox - pay more for games that have less functionality.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
LetalisK said:
Someone needs to play the piss out of this mod and get back to me whether or not I should play Witcher 2 out of the gates with the mod or not. It's in my backlog, just haven't got to it yet.
I would recommend with the mod. The vanilla game's combat has... issues. This mod fixes pretty much all of my issues with it. 10/10, would play again, etc etc.

Reeve

Feb 8, 2013
This is an interesting way to advertise The Witcher 3. It'll be good for the fans of the series.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
At the moment I have found the mod to be very buggy. I can no longer block and have not found a way of blocking while moving either.

Maybe it's because I have other mods installed but so far I'm not the only one to have reported the issue.

jamesbrown

Apr 18, 2011
website has crashed due to traffic, is there a torrent or something like that where I can find this mod?

Hawkeye21

Oct 25, 2011
I am playing with this mod now, and I have to say I don't like it. It's buggy as hell, and I am not sure I like the authors idea of "balance".

First, mutagens are useless now. They still drop, but, although I upgraded sword tree all the way, no mutagen slots to be found anywhere. I am not sure how you can justify removing a significant part of the gameplay like that, but there you have it.

Second, some skills (if not most) do not work as advertised. For example, health upgrades do NOT add health, like they say they should. Energy capacity upgrades do not add energy. I tried riposting about 50 times, not once did it work.

Third, armor and items feel pretty useless. At the end of chapter one most you could have is 8 total, best armor is +5 with upgrades. That means that on normal difficulty you die in two hits from a common nekker. And you sometimes have to fight 10 at a time. Dodge rolls are pretty useless in a crowd this size, and you can only block twice, before having your ass handed to you. Swords have been nerfed too.

On the positive side, the combat does feel more fluid. I died a lot faster with this mod than without it.

Rey Bangs

Feb 11, 2010
Ok here is another link if the original side still doesn't work.
http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/635/

So how does this mod compare to:
http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/294/?
http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/89/?

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
Abomination said:
Okay guys, this is the difference between games as a product and games as art.

This is people being so proud of their work they go home, on their own time, with no request from their boss and IMPROVE the thing. Oh, and it's free for consumers.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about CDPR, I'm thinking they're trying TOO hard to be seen as the best developer and producer of games on the planet.
To be fair, other developers' employees have occasionally done this, as well. Obsidian's J.E. Sawyer made a mod similar to this for its Fallout: New Vegas, and I think a Creative Assembly did the same thing for a mod for Medieval 2, (the Retrofit mod, I think it was?).

(edit) I see at least one other user beat me to mentioning J.E. Sawyer's mod, two posts above...

TwiZtah

Sep 22, 2011
This mod is buggy to fuck and bad, really, really bad. In my opinion of course. Philippa Eilharts head is also gone with this mod for some reason.