Witcher 3 Pre-Loading Options Live on Steam, GOG Galaxy and Xbox Live

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Witcher 3 Pre-Loading Options Live on Steam, GOG Galaxy and Xbox Live

With The Witcher 3's release only a week away CD Projekt RED has confirmed that the game is now pre-loadable on a variety of platforms.

After months of waiting, The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt is now only seven days from its multiplatform release. With more than a million pre-orders already confirmed, it would be accurate to say that excitement for the game is reaching a fever pitch. That being the case, CD Projekt RED has announced today that gamers who have purchased the game digitally can now start preparing for its launch by pre-loading the game to their platform of choice.

According the company, pre-loading options are now available for gamers purchasing The Witcher 3 through Xbox Live, Steam and <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.874963-GOG-Galaxy-Beta-Signup-is-Live>GOG's Galaxy client. PSN pre-load options currently aren't live but, according to the studio, "will be available for PlayStation Network users soon." These pre-load options will, of course, give digital purchasers an opportunity to download and ready the game's files in advance of its release. This will allow them to start playing more quickly when it goes live on May 19th.

The third and final game in CD Projekt RED's acclaimed RPG series, The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt will follow the continuing adventures of the monster hunter Geralt. A vast expansion on the franchise's previous entries, The Wild Hunt will add a variety of new features to the series with the most notable being a new focus on <a href-http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125736-Witcher-3-Developer-Calls-Skyrim-Casual>open world gameplay. The game had originally been slated for release back in 2014 but was unfortunately pushed back to its current release date by <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132833-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-Delayed-To-2015>a pair of <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138950-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-Delayed-To-May-2015>delays.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
How big is the install? I haven't bought it yet, I was gonna do it on Friday through GOG. I'm just curious as to how much space I'm gonna need.

Mr_xx

Mar 3, 2012
Baresark said:
How big is the install? I haven't bought it yet, I was gonna do it on Friday through GOG. I'm just curious as to how much space I'm gonna need.

Downloading it via the Galaxy Client. (Dunno how big it'll be once installed, I'll try to update this post when it's done)

What a tease tho... Really want to push that play button!

The official soundtrack has been released as well and can be downloaded (from gog.com at least) if you preordered the game.

Auberon

Aug 29, 2012
GOG downloader gave about 22 gigs without extras. Next week 660 will be tested.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Mr_xx said:
Baresark said:

Downloading it via the Galaxy Client. (Dunno how big it'll be once installed, I'll try to update this post when it's done)

What a tease tho... Really want to push that play button!

The official soundtrack has been released as well and can be downloaded (from gog.com at least) if you preordered the game.
Auberon said:
GOG downloader gave about 22 gigs without extras. Next week 660 will be tested.
Thanks for the updates guys.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Baresark said:
Steam downloaded 21.3 gb, so yeah, the guys using Galaxy are correct. My guess is that it'll get slightly bigger when it finally launches.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Pre-ordered? Check.
GPU upgraded? Check.
Pre-loaded? Check.

I'm really excited for this game, it better be frickin' good CDPR!

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Downloading as I type on my Xbox One. 25gb file and since I started it about 3 hours ago it's done 6%. Unfortunately it's getting to the time of day where my internet connection slows down hard so it might be a while before it's done.

Uhuru N'Uru

Oct 8, 2014
Bat Vader said:
Hopefully the game will unlock at midnight on Steam.
The Game officially releases at 00:00 GMT worldwide.

That's midnight Monday/Tuesday in UK.
4pm to 6pm Monday in USA.
1am Tuesday in Poland.
So the exact same second everywhere.
EndlessSporadic said:
I'd like to hear an update regarding pre-purchases from GMG...
GMG stopped selling the game cheap and it then became full price with no discount at all. Which suggests the unknown supplier pulled the plug.

Anyone who bought one will have to hope they have a genuine GOG key.
If not it's not GOG's problem and it would be within GOG's rights to reject them in any case. They won't do that but also will not tell you it's OK to buy from a dodgy source like GMG. That would be stupid.
GOG are fair and consumer friendly but, not stupid.