Woah Woah Woah. Okay, let's talk about women for a second.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Actually I think anyone who exposes their body on the internet is doing something immoral, man or woman. Maybe I'm just a prude. I don't think I'd ever actually yell at someone for doing it unless I actually knew the person though. Other then that... sexism makes me a sad panda and I support this thread.

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
the problem with the modelling industry is the amount of pressure put on the supermodels by the agencies themselves.. they are forced to be that slim and absolutely chewed out and fired if they even weigh a couple of kg's more then what their agent wants them to be.. my mum used to do modelling and a friend of hers also used to be an international supermodel (milan,paris,etc) so i know its a rotten industry due to the agencies and pressure on women to say unhealthily slim and petite and its also just REALLY demeaning to women in general on the international stage anyways.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
museofdoom said:
Rawne1980 said:
Depends from what view point you are talking.

Body shape/size from the "I find that attractive" side is subject to an individuals opinion.

Models are far too thin for my liking. As I said in that thread, twiglets with tits. Some of us just prefer a few more curves and, to put it a bit differently, something to "grab hold of" if you will.

I won't condemn models though it's not as if there is some supreme mould of the perfect body that everyone should conform to like I say, it's just personal taste.
Well of course everyone has their own personal taste, and some people don't like skinny women.

It's just annoying when people condemn skinny women for being skinny. Like someone in the model thread said "I want real women with curves" or whatever. Like apparently being thin takes away your womanhood.
I would just like to point out that women judge men just as much, the number one is apparently how good their car is. Alot of women also want their men muscular and to go to the gym, despite people like me who are not even capable of gaining muscles. I have been the same exact low weight for 16 years and pretty much have to press a pretty boy look to attract women who are into that just to get laid as I can no way compete in terms of masculinity versus 99% of other men. I don't blame women for wanting more masculinity in their men however, the same reason I don't blame men finding skinny women a turn off. It really goes both ways.

I admit men are repulsive in the way that we can't help but judge a woman by her looks, but just think of how many women judge men by how many $'s they bring in. They are far more to go with a rich jerk then a kind, lower class man.

But seriously, women are not any better then men when it comes to passing judgements. There are also alot of annoyances that women these days are causing, like fighting against all men's clubs because its sexist when women's fitness gyms are EVERYWHERE that we will never be able to touch. It's hypocritical.

I'm not trying to hate on women, I'm just trying to make a point that they judge us just as much as we do them.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
museofdoom said:
5)A thin woman isn't any less of a woman than a woman who has curves or is larger. All women are equal and all bodies are good bodies.
I agree with you completely, apart from this point. I consider bodies that are of an unhealthy size to be bad bodies, so whilst people with anorexia or obesity may be wonderful people, they don't have good bodies.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Wow, not nearly as much bile as I thought there would be. =)
Maybe we are moving past this whole `immature attitude towards women` thing that's been hanging around like a bad smell.

Aside from any eating disorders, I have absolutely no problem with supermodels, as I said in the other thread. (And the eating disorder thing is more to do with societal and media pressures put on those women in the first place).

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
This is just anecdotal evidence, but I find that most of the "slut shaming" comes from other women, not from men.

Agreed it's something that needs to be stopped, but I think you'll find that many men would be on board with putting an end to it. It's women that need to get it.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
zehydra said:
This is just anecdotal evidence, but I find that most of the "slut shaming" comes from other women, not from men.

Agreed it's something that needs to be stopped, but I think you'll find that many men would be on board with putting an end to it. It's women that need to get it.
Well, as you said, its anecdotal (and OP admits women do it too). That's a broader society thing, not what's going on here on this site, well thats because its mostly dudes here anyway.... but yeah.

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
museofdoom said:
Volf said:
museofdoom said:
Yep a dislike of women seems common here. Heck I just got done talking to a guy who basically said a relationship to him, was a place to loose money and put his dick in. Nice guy @_@.
Oh what a lovely guy! Objectifying/dehumanizing women is a pretty common thing, and it's very very not good.

It's sad that some people need to be told "women are people too".
What's sad is taking sides.

I rather enjoy the saying 'All women are crazy, all men are crazy, get used to it'.

Yes, it's sad that there are actually people (Usually men, obviously) who need to be told that, but it's equally sad that there are women who manipulate men around them into doing what they want.

It's sad that Radical Feminism has pretty much destroyed the reputation of feminism in general, it's sad that gender biases plague the world today, it's sad that one side gets the limelight, and it's sad that there are really guys who say 'women are a warm place to jerk off' < I actually worked with a guy who said that...

Men objectify women just as often as women objectify men, but women are more vocal about it, while men are often more crude. That's all.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
There were people calling supermodels sluts? Really? I feel nothing but pity for them. Most of them eating disorders and all them are pressured to be super skinny. And some girls are naturally really skinny, like my cousin who I actually think could be a supermodel if she wanted to be. I actually consider myself a little on the judgemental side but I don't think badly of them at all, they dress up and get their pictures taken. So what? They're pretty let them flaunt it.

Dec 14, 2009
I was one of the guys stating that supermodels were mannequins with a pulse :D

Which is what they are in terms of career choice.

Don't get me wrong, I'd treat them with the same respect I'd treat any other human being and I'm sure some of them are very interesting people, but I won't be lauding their 'talents' any time soon.

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
?All are not created equal. Some are born swifter of foot, some with greater beauty. Some are born into poverty;and others are born sick and feeble. Both in birth and in up brining in sheer scope of ability every human is inherently different! Yes, that is why people discriminate against one another, which is why there is struggle, competition, and the unfaltering march of progress! ?

While I do agree we should learn to accept others and look more at inner beauty etc, stereotypes don't simply come from nowhere, they are usually made by a majority of a group.

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
Liquidacid23 said:
never said it was...

Thank you for that. I laughed so loud my fellow Cube Slaves are all looking at me.

My only issue with this thread and threads like it is that any counter view point cannot be viewed objectively. The person who stated the counter point is simply a sexist (of course some may be) and their view will be disregarded but I digress please continue.